Homebrew Bought New 3DS with 9.2 UPDATE help

NinUltrasFan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone, today I bought New DS3 with hourglass9 and luma3DS installed on it. In the freeshop its showing me to update to 9.6+. I found that there are guides, but they are only from cfw starting on 11.x.x.

I made SysNand backup with Hourglass9 v1.45. Is this correct? because backup of EmuNAND cant be done - sd is not formatted for this backup..

Ok now launched luma updater and installed normal version with it. In the settings I see SYS 9.2.0-20 what now? Somewhere I read that there should be EMU?

Can I update my DS with SYSTEM UPDATE in the settings menu (even if there is SYS)?

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'd say you should start over. You'd have less ways to screw up. By skipping steps you think you have done, you may lack some necessary files for the next steps.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh yeah, I got a brainfart at "SYS". Indeed, if stuff was missing, there should be "Ver" here...
So yeah, your console has CFW installed and all. You can safely update even if you're on sysNAND, as long as your Luma is up to date.

Reactions: proflayton123

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello everyone, today I bought New DS3 with hourglass9 and luma3DS installed on it. In the freeshop its showing me to update to 9.6+. I found that there are guides, but they are only from cfw starting on 11.x.x.

I made SysNand backup with Hourglass9 v1.45. Is this correct? because backup of EmuNAND cant be done - sd is not formatted for this backup..

Ok now launched luma updater and installed normal version with it. In the settings I see SYS 9.2.0-20 what now? Somewhere I read that there should be EMU?

Can I update my DS with SYSTEM UPDATE in the settings menu (even if there is SYS)?
Sounds like you don't have an emuNAND. Before you do anything, make sure if you have A9LH or not.
Don't listen to the people telling you to just update, that's not safe to do unless you know you have A9LH.
To make sure, rename boot.3dsx on your SD card root to something else (if it exists) and see if Luma3DS still boots. If it does, you have A9LH and are safe to update (as long as you have the latest Luma3DS)

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

NinUltrasFan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I renamed boot.3dsx to boot.3dsxBAC and my system boots up fine.

My DS also boots without problem with ejected micro sd..

It indicates a9lh installed correctly and I can update over settings?

Waitin for you profi guys :)

Last edited by NinUltrasFan,

NinUltrasFan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Without micro sd inserted and holding select I see:
A2ZCkxR2beu0DUB8iJ5JStZJYByS1c1NB2Pk3lJzTkc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum