Bought from possible scam site, am I screwed?

DDTarZan

Never getting laid again /s
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I recently bought an item from an online store that was selling plushies, and it's been more than a week and I haven't seen any shipping details or anything - just the price of the item deducted from my bank. I've tried and tried again with emails concerning my order and they simply won't get back to me. Red flag?

Anyway, I just want to know what steps I can sort of take to make sure they're not doing anything crazy with my credit card info. Should I inform my bank?

Cosmic_Link

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you still don't hear anything between now and upto 4 weeks after your order date, make a charge back with the bank to get your money back then request that they cancel your card and issue you a new one.

Suicuark

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
If you doubt it is a scam then you may probably inform your bank (Btw i think some kids of those sites don't reply to emails?)

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you used Paypal to purchase the items, then you could easily get a refund, as the seller hasn't provided proof they've sent you the item, and even if they do, if you don't get the item in the mail, it still can be refunded, as it's not what you ordered. Paypal has better protection for the buyer than just through a credit card or bank.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hammer the threads