Hardware Bought brand new rechargeable batteries. Now what?

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
As I'm often away from home, I use a lot of AA batteries for my Bluetooth mouse. Finally I decided to buy two batteries that can be recharged via USB.

As the fucker I use as a mouse eats A LOT of power, I want to make sure that I calibrate these batteries correctly. Do I discharge them first and then charge them all the way up or the opposite? I forgot how it's done. Does anybody remember how it's done?

Also, is it true that nickel-based batteries should not be discharged completely? Should I just charge them every once in a while even if there's some juice left?

These are the specs:

AA/R6 1.2v/1450 mAh Ni-Mh

(No, I'm not replacing my mouse)

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
It’s pointless to bump your own thread. It won’t help you get noticed.

You don’t need to “calibrate” a Ni-MH battery, just use them normally and charge when you need to. Be sure to do complete charges because they’re only rated for around 1000 charge cycles. It’s only really Ni-Cad batteries that suffer particularly from memory effects, but nobody really uses those cheap batteries anymore.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What Network is it on? I wanna see what you guys are talking about. N What time frame is it on...