Hacking Bought an R4 from the site Sponsor

peteruk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I bought an R4 card from the site sponsor for my DSi XL and it's working great, it's this one here... http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=145

I have installed the latest software to the msd from the manufacturer's site 'R4i V1.83b English'

I notice if I try to create folders to separate different types of files they are all listed in one long list regardless

I saw a few people talking about something called Wood - I was wondering if this would be compatible with the card I purchased and if Wood supports separate folders and emulators ?

Is it a case of just dragging files to the msd or does the card itself need to be flashed ?

Sorry for my noobness

Sleet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wood is not compatible with that card. An alternative kernel that is though is YSMenu. Check out Retrogamefan's sticky. It will let you use folders but RTS will not be available while using it.

Last edited by Sleet,
Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wood is not compatible with that card. An alternative kernel that is though is YSMenu. Check out Retrogamefan's sticky. It will let you use folders but RTS will not be available while using it.

Your reply is much appreciated, thanks :)

I will take a look into YSMenu, appreciate the heads up

EDIT... ok looked up RTS (Real time saves), can normal in game saves be used ?

Last edited by peteruk,

G3nji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry mate wood will not work on that flash card, I did order the thing back then but its not much of my liking because of the UI, switch to r4i gold which has a wood kernel on it, stayed on that ever since,alot of the skins are wonderfully made, its nice to look at. And just like sleet says you can ysmenu, really recommend that one cuz some games wont play in rts alone, like okamiden

Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry mate wood will not work on that flash card, I did order the thing back then but its not much of my liking because of the UI, switch to r4i gold which has a wood kernel on it, stayed on that ever since,alot of the skins are wonderfully made, its nice to look at. And just like sleet says you can ysmenu, really recommend that one cuz some games wont play in rts alone, like okamiden

thanks

DonFrancisquito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Hi dude, where can I found themes for R4i Gold 3DS RTS?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I bought a similar card and ended up buying another card (the R4i Gold card) just because I didn't like the UI. I just ended up giving the SDHC to my sister who didn't care.
I also remember trying to get wood working, and it's a no-go. YSMenu is your best bet for any other kernel. I mean the card will still be perfectly usable, but I prefer r4wood because of their rip of the Acekard firmware, which is IMO one of the best UI's for the low to mid tier cards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte