Hacking Bought a Wii U on Firmware 4.1.0

Stranger93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haxchi is also nice since it lets you load sigpatch, boot CFW, load up HBL or really any other homebrew program easily from the Wii U home menu.

Thanks for the guide link. I'll see if I can get the bare bones stuff working before looking at haxchi. Download keeps getting an error at 80% god dammit. So annoying, heh

Reactions: crater

Stranger93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haxchi is also nice since it lets you load sigpatch, boot CFW, load up HBL or really any other homebrew program easily from the Wii U home menu.

I'll look into haxchi and whatnot once i get the bare bones stuff working. Thanks for the guide link. Update keeps getting stuck around 90% so I'm playing the waiting game. heh.

One more question. I got access to the Homebrew Launcher and launched Loadiine. The game I have on the SD card isn't showing up, just a blank screen with the grid in the background and the two icons on the bottom left and right (both buttons function)

What did I do wrong?

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update to 5.5.1, it supports everything you would want.

Since you've mentioned that you thought loadiine didn't support it here's a list... quite a bit has happened...
  • Full system access (IOSU) has more-less been figured out, now it's just a matter of devs making software and hopefully finding an exploit in boot0 or boot1... that would make the Wii essentially unbrickable since that would be the A9LH of the Wii U world.

• An exploit for DS games has been found called haxchi, this allows offline launching of any .elf file by replacing the content for the game, this shows on the home menu!
  • vWii mode can now be hacked without any game

• It's possible to install games to internal memory OR a USB drive and they will show and launch exactly as if it were a eShop download with online functionality included... this needs nothing more than the homebrew with an app called wup installer y mod to install the game

• 1:1 disc dumping has become a thing, you can extract game files to install with the above bullet point using wud2app paired with wudump

• It's now possible to remove signature checks to install things like a homebrew launcher channel on the home menu... removing the checks are temporary though and needs to be done each boot

• There is a thing called coldboothax which will cause the Wii U to automatically launch the exploited DS game and will remove the signature checks automatically on every boot (kind of like Luma3DS but without A9LH)
    coldboothax is very risky in its current state, if you accidentally move or delete the exploited game, or update the system to a non-exploitable version with it installed your Wii U will no longer boot
I think that covers most of the developments since the guide you've found...

Last edited by DanTheMan827,

Stranger93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, people find it hard to believe because it's been the latest version for a long while now, but 5.5.1 is actually the Wii U's "golden firmware".

interesting
Update to 5.5.1, it supports everything you would want.

Since you've mentioned that you thought loadiine didn't support it here's a list... quite a bit has happened...
  • An exploit for DS games has been found called haxchi, this allows offline launching of any .elf file by replacing the content for the game, this shows on the home menu!

• It's possible to install games to internal memory OR a USB drive and they will show and launch exactly as if it were a eShop download with online functionality included... this needs nothing more than the homebrew with an app called wup installer y mod to install the game

• 1:1 disc dumping has become a thing, you can extract game files to install with the above bullet point using wud2app paired with wudump

• It's now possible to remove signature checks to install things like a homebrew launcher channel on the home menu... removing the checks are temporary though and needs to be done each boot

• There is a thing called coldboothax which will cause the Wii U to automatically launch the exploited DS game and will remove the signature checks automatically on every boot (kind of like Luma3DS but without A9LH)
    coldboothax is very risky in its current state, if you accidentally move or delete the exploited game, or update the system to a non-exploitable version with it installed your Wii U will no longer boot
I think that covers most of the developments since the guide you've found...

Thank you very much. Don't see anything else I could possibly need unless I run into a unique problem. Have a good one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/BkUi1uEdCmk