Bought a used Wii U Zelda TWW Edition

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Evilengine, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Evilengine
    OP

Evilengine GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    Gambia, The
    It has a NNID containing TLOZ:The Wind Waker. I can play it normally. The console has an age restriction, so I can't create a new NNID without the pin. to change the pin i need the safety question, but I don't know the answer to it.
    The question is: Can i format the Wii U and still use Zelda?
    If not, can i deactivate the age restriction Pin, create a new NNID and still can play Zelda with the old NNID?
    Do I have to contact Nintendo for a new Zelda Download Code?

2. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Theres a master pin you can contact nintendo for. (I am not certain, i just saw someone mention this before.) Might wanna try saying your 8 year old did it and you dunno what info he used? Lets see what someone else has got to say.

3. wj44

wj44 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 18, 2015
    Gambia, The
  4. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    Um, no, NNIDs are tied to the console so even if you factory reset it you can re-link it, and it -should- be tied to one of the eShop accounts with the code, though you're better off poking Nintendo and getting a reset key since I'm not sure how easy that last part would be. Also, once WWHD is on the console it'll work for all profiles.

5. yahoo

yahoo G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ

Aug 4, 2014
    United States
    Have you considered asking the seller?

6. Evilengine
    OP

Evilengine GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    Gambia, The
    The seller isn't answering.
    I phoned Nintendo. Very easy process, you give the Console ID at the bottom if it. The Date that's setted in the console and the servicecode you get when you click forgot it twice under the age restriction field. Then you get the master key.

He said, when it is the TWW console you always can download it, I hope he is right ^^
    But when it is a game registered to a NNID you normally can't take it with you.

Reecey likes this.
  7. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Sounds like you got duped bud, I'm betting the seller already knows all about it! I hate that shit tbh, I hope you sort the issue out :)

8. blinkzane

blinkzane Panic at your moms house

Jul 24, 2012
    United States
    Florida
    Just call and say that a friend put his on there and you didnt realize that it would link the game to the NNID and ask if you can still download it if you switch the NNID since its TWW console.