Hardware Bought a used Switch on 6.0 - Safe to format?

stevedawg85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guy left his Nintendo account logged in/ linked. idc about that, I want to make sure if I reformat it, it will not ask me to log in as him. Is it safe to format. How will his 'permanent linked account appear,' would it still show up on the log in list or will that be gone?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cant unlink the Nintendo Account from the User profile but you can delete the user profile. Personally I would call Nintendo and discuss with them. They may be able to tell you if the console is banned as well.

stevedawg85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news! I called Ninty, and the confirmed that I as the buyer am safe. I just did a format and did not ask for login info! So I'm now fresh ready to enjoy my Switch and sync my own Ninty account if I want.

It's the other guy that is semi-screwed. If he buys another Switch he can't use his same account.

However, what is interesting, during the format process, it wanted me to connect online to un-link his account. I didn't want to risk connecting online and ask for his PW, so sorry bud, ur account is still linked to MY Switch :)

Reactions: leerpsp

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news! I called Ninty, and the confirmed that I as the buyer am safe. I just did a format and did not ask for login info! So I'm now fresh ready to enjoy my Switch and sync my own Ninty account if I want.

It's the other guy that is semi-screwed. If he buys another Switch he can't use his same account.

However, what is interesting, during the format process, it wanted me to connect online to un-link his account. I didn't want to risk connecting online and ask for his PW, so sorry bud, ur account is still linked to MY Switch :)
But what if he did hacking stuff with it did they tell you you would be safe from a ban from that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM