Bought a used ds1 supercard and havin probs loading new games

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Capita_7, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Capita_7
    OP

Newcomer Capita_7 Member

United States
    Hello,
    I had the pleasure of my girlfriend leaving her ds at my house and I had to play with the dsone supercard. Anyway she bought it used and never figured out how to put on new games or anything she just used it the way way as she bought it. I am trying to put on new games like black op and plants vs zombies and I am only getting a black screen upon loading the game. I simply dragged and dropped the game from my computer into my NDS micro sd card game file where all the other games that work are located. All the games end in a .NDS extension.

So I am assuming that I am missing some kind of update that will allow the newer games to work on the older DS lite supercard. I am running into some confusion as to what I need to update like the firmware the OS or some homebrew that I am missing and I cannot even figure out what version I currently have but im assuming it is an older version as I saw the new version was able to use the touch screen at start up menu and this menu you cannot use the touch screen. Sorry if this is a already very covered question but trying to get all the different software down in one day it a little much thanks.

2. brandonspikes

Member brandonspikes King Erazer

United States
  3. Capita_7
    OP

Newcomer Capita_7 Member

United States
    Holy crap that was a quick reply, I see a whole bunch of files which one am a suppose to use also I just wanted to know if it matted I was applying a dsi update version to play in a ds lite BTW this is a version 3 ds supercard.

And by which file I am asking do I need to to the firmware update because I do not have a firmware writer or do I only need to dl the sp6 update?

4. brandonspikes

United States

DSONE SDHC Evolution V1.0 SP6_20110427 (eng)?2011-04-27?
    or DSONEi SDHC/DSONEi Mini (eng)?2011-04-27?
    Depending on what you have

Should be a readme file, if not just add the files to the root i think.

5. Capita_7
    OP

Newcomer Capita_7 Member

United States
    Thank you again but is there any instructions on how to dl the new os on the micro sd, I saw with previous versions all you had to do was copy and paste the eng file but there is no such extension with the sp6 pack

6. brandonspikes

United States
    I dont understand your problems, you download the file, and extract them to the SD card.

Do you not have a program that opens Zip files? Try WinRar

7. Capita_7
    OP

Newcomer Capita_7 Member

United States
    I was under the assumption that when I installed the service pack it would change the appearance but I guess this isn't so also do I need to download each previous sp?
    Also I took the sp6 and just dragged and droped it in the the micro sd card the file from the sp6 was called _dsone is the the correct procedure or was I suppose to open the files from the _dsone file and put them in the scshell?

8. Capita_7
    OP

Newcomer Capita_7 Member

United States
    So I saw some one else having a similar problem

http://ask.gbatemp.net/1573/upgrade-supercard-ds-one

So I formatted the sd card put the downloaded _dsone file in and my copied games on upon starting it up it saided it need the MSFORHC file so I coped the backed up one on my computer and put it on the card. Now It is saying Can not find shell folder. I renamed the _dsone file SCSHELL like the one that was one there but I still get the same problem