Hacking Bought a Switch, I'm lost and confused

Vultix93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I bought an unpacthed switch that should arrive by the end of the week. I tried looking for guides to install the CFW but I found so many of them that I'm confused. Some uses SXOS, other ReinX, other Atmosphere/Kosmos. Then other guide recommend that you do the SD setup by following this site https://sdsetup.com/console?switch . Other instead that you manually download everything to create the SD card https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/. Can you guys point me to a guide that is universally considered good?

For example in sdsetup there is no mention whatsoever of how to setup an emuNAND (emuMMC), meanwhile in the other guide it's even said that It's important and recommended. I remember that in the 3DS having an emunand was a big deal, is it not so with the switch?

Another question: I downloaded some games and by reading online it's said that one should be careful to install NSP files downloaded from the web because they could brick your console. I checked the games with NSPverify v1.01 and of the games that I downloaded it says that 4 of them are corrupted. If I check these with NX Game Info I see that they are converted XIC and under signature is says Not Passed and under Permission is says Safe. Are they safe to use anyway or I should just search other?

Vultix93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Use this guide: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/
The games are probably corrupted because you downloaded custom XCIs. Since you will install Atmosphere with the guide above, you should only download NSP games and updates.
Thanks for the answer. What about games that never got released in the eshop? it's not safe to convert the XIC to NSP?.

Vultix93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sure, you can convert them with 4NXCI.

Thank you again. I think I've read that to play the games I need the signature patches. Is it safe to just pick them from the sdsetup site and paste them into my sd card respecting the folder structure?

oldmumak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Last question: there are some homebrew or software that are a nice plus to have?"

SXOS

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Last question: there are some homebrew or software that are a nice plus to have?
SXOS

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Last question: there are some homebrew or software that are a nice plus to have?
Checkpoint for backing up and restoring saves. NXMTP to access micro sd without turning off. Goldleaf for installing games and updates. ChoiDujourNX for updating the firmware. Retroarch for playing retro games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?