Hacking Discussion Bought a switch from bestbuy with ipatches (edited title)

MarzDaindigo

Indigo Marz - No HooX
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got one neon red and blue and couldn't load payloads at all i returned it and lucked up with gamestop having a used one with the same color joycons but OG hardware so just a heads ups if you wanna hack a new switch dont go to best buy, cant speak for all stores (walmart for example) but i asked and they said they had a new shipment so yea

sblast3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New XAW1008 consoles have the bootrom patched. This has nothing to do with the store you purchased the console from.

MarzDaindigo

Indigo Marz - No HooX
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea sorry everyone i didnt know there was a difference between ipatches and mariko revisions but most likely best buy is always gonna have an updated stock so that font have to have the same stock but they definitely will sell thru their older consoles hench new stock with ipatched switches

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a general word of info, Mariko will be a completely rebuilt Tegra. That means a completely new bootrom, so FG and others will *very very very* likely not exist, and it will be overseen by Nintendo and likely audited by them.

Mariko with none of nVidia's baggage (and terrible security) will be a scary thing indeed. Basically starting fresh.

This won't be a silent revision. It'll be something new from Nintendo in the Switch line-up.

Reactions: MarzDaindigo
D

Deleted-442439

As a general word of info, Mariko will be a completely rebuilt Tegra. That means a completely new bootrom, so FG and others will *very very very* likely not exist, and it will be overseen by Nintendo and likely audited by them.

Mariko with none of nVidia's baggage (and terrible security) will be a scary thing indeed. Basically starting fresh.

This won't be a silent revision. It'll be something new from Nintendo in the Switch line-up.

Prob will be something new yes. I presume what they are doing now is: Use the updated Ipatches as a testbed to force new bootrom exploits to be released, and then get everything patched in the T214.

Reactions: MarzDaindigo

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prob will be something new yes. I presume what they are doing now is: Use the updated Ipatches as a testbed to force new bootrom exploits to be released, and then get everything patched in the T214.

I'd wonder if they will even use anything from T210, even as a basic platform, in the T214. I don't see them reusing anything from TX1 as its riddled with badness. More like they'll learn for what to test based on how the T210 has been abused and broken by the community.

But ya, no small chance that Nintendo's rolling these out to see what other flies fall into their net. TX was gracious enough to blow their load right away, they'll probably do it again while Nintendo learns for their own private bootrom dev.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah been there had that no fun