Hacking Suggestion Bought a secondhand Atmosphere Switch with emuMMC disabled when checked in hekate

Ryudhapraha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi, I'm really really new to switch and it's cfw and I really need your help/suggestion. I really want to play legit games on my switch in stock firmware and also hacked one in emuMMC. Since in hekate it's said emummc is disabled, I want to wipe out my switch to stock, and start installing atmosphere from scratch. So what should I do to begin with?

A full step by step guide from you guys would be much appreciated, since I'm a newb and scared of getting bricked or banned.

Last edited by Ryudhapraha,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have no guarantee of not already being banned (or flagged for a ban) if the previous user was going online on CFW sysnand, depending on what he was doing. So hope for the best, and expect the worst. As for starting from scratch, just follow one of the regular guides. Most important step is making a full nand backup. After that, if you screw up along the way, you can always recover.

Reactions: Ryudhapraha

Ryudhapraha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You have no guarantee of not already being banned (or flagged for a ban) if the previous user was going online on CFW sysnand, depending on what he was doing. So hope for the best, and expect the worst. As for starting from scratch, just follow one of the regular guides. Most important step is making a full nand backup. After that, if you screw up along the way, you can always recover.
HI, thank you for your suggestion. That is also my concern, but in hekate, there's an option to boot to emummc while also said emummc is disabled, but that what I always boot into, cfw (emummc). But I expect the worse. So is there a way I can ensure (if my switch hasn't been banned yet) will not be banned?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it is not banned yet, your course of action is to use emuNAND for anything CFW-related. Don't do anything not legit on sysNAND. That means only regular bought games on sysNAND. You should be safe that way.

Ryudhapraha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If it is not banned yet, your course of action is to use emuNAND for anything CFW-related. Don't do anything not legit on sysNAND. That means only regular bought games on sysNAND. You should be safe that way.
Thank you! One more thing though. Do I need to remove my sdcard (if I installed nsp/xci in emuMMC) to be safe when reboot to sysnand or not?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you! One more thing though. Do I need to remove my sdcard (if I installed nsp/xci in emuMMC) to be safe when reboot to sysnand or not?
Well, this is open to debate. Some people believe it's safer, some think it doesn't matter. If you're really paranoid about not being banned, it doesn't hurt to pull it out.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its absolutely unnecessary to remove the SD card because not only would it be potentially illegal for Nintendo to scan files on the SD card due to privacy reasons but having files aren't enough to hack a console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1