Hacking Bought a PSP yesterday, already regretting...

mangatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So i bought a psp 1001 yesterday, firmware 3.40 or something and went through hacking stickies here, upgraded to 5.03(?), downgraded to 5.00 m33 or someshit like that
then installed chickhen, cuz it says so in the softmod sticky, popsloader to play psx games, everything was a little bit confusing up until now bcuz of all that shit; chickhen, 6.20+, PRO, cfw shit, upgrade, downgrade, recovery menu, hold down that button, put that thing into a folder then into another folder, need to have %75 or more charge to install(WTF???)
and after all that shit i donwloaded tekken 6 .cso put it to ISO folder on the root of memstick, it showed on the game menu everything looks ok, i pressed x and psp said "game can not be loaded".
well i guess i did something wrong, went to google search that error, appaerantly i may needed some shit named prometheus. i found it installed, tried to load the game again
this time it said nothing, PSP Logo showed up like 30 seconds, then it shut down itself... WTF did i bricked my psp?
i saw another prometheus, an update to the one i installed, so installed that, tried again but no luck, shut down itself....i can play psx games thx to popsloader but cant play psp games...
tried different games none worked...
any help would be appreciated
fully hackable psp 1001 on cfw 5.00 m33-6 with chickhen(i guess)

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
i know its confusing but its easy
screw that prometheus stuff
i hated that too. its too complicated

upgrade to this official firmware - http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1855
and then download the second link here called 6.20 PRO-B5 Bundle - http://pro.coldbird.eu

and then go to the games folder on your psp and run the pro update
if you want it permanently install it run the permanent patch
and thats it
it will run all your games

if ur confused watch this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feunzm10jrU

there are many more on youtube just search - 6.20 pro b5

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
If you are regretting buying a handheld solely based on the fact you don't know what you're doing hacking it, just don't be hackin' it. Play legit and there won't be issues.
wink.gif

But yeah, PSPs are bare bones simple nowaways. You should a seen the CFW back in the day... oh man, THAT was confusing.

What the HELL is more simple than just updating to Official Firmware 6.20, and running PRO-B5? lol. I don't think they can make it more simple than that. For 3.55 M33, you had to run at least 3 different things, and when flashing it would black screen while you had to count Mississippis to 28 to turn the power off. If you were off by even s second you would get a brick.

I guess people don't appreciate stuff nowadays.

rad140

GBAtemp's "over quoter"
Trophies
Website
rad140.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sorry, but when I modded my psp even a year ago it was a lot more complicated than it is now.
Just follow kiafazool's instructions and download 6.20 OFW then install 6.20 Pro B5.

It really cannot get any easier than that.

If you find that still too difficult, than just update to the newest OFW (6.38 or something) and buy your own games. There are a lot of great games you can find for cheap.

You really shouldn't be buying a system based on whether it can be hacked or not. You should be buying it based on the features and the games.

Anyway, good luck and hope it works out. Let us know how it goes.

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
prwlr. said:
Updating to PRO-B5 isn't a wise choice.

If you're expecting the OP do be able to do any Pandora shit or Use Hellcat's I think you didn't get the point of this topic...

Don't make it any more confusing. Just let him use PRO-B5 and play his PSP games I doubt much more will be going on (not many PSX, etc).

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Shabutie78 said:
prwlr. said:
why?
Because for system that can actually run M33, stick with it.

Also nowhere in OPs post says about him changing the driver. Updating to Prom, M33 or whatever usually puts the driver on default (which leaves it up to having a UMD in).

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
prwlr. said:
Shabutie78 said:
prwlr. said:
why?
Because for system that can actually run M33, stick with it.

Also nowhere in OPs post says about him changing the driver. Updating to Prom, M33 or whatever usually puts the driver on default (which leaves it up to having a UMD in).

Lol @ DarkAlex faithful. Some people will never leave M33. Don't worry, I used to be one of them.

I doubt he will use any of the plugins, obscure PSX games, or homebrew (even though most of it works anyways on PRO-5 now) that M33 has that PRO does not so... yeah. And I don't think he wants to dick around with plugins to just go online.

Don't confuse the OP with extra shit just let him use PRO-5, it suits him best for his needs to what I can see. He just wants to play PSP games (and possibly emulators) so PRO-5 fits his bill anyways.

ALSOALSO: OP, try readin more than one sticky next time. Other updated stickys have more info you clearly missed.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Schlupi said:
Lol @ DarkAlex faithful. Some people will never leave M33. Don't worry, I used to be one of them.

I doubt he will use any of the plugins, obscure PSX games, or homebrew (even though most of it works anyways on PRO-5 now) that M33 has that PRO does not so... yeah. And I don't think he wants to dick around with plugins to just go online.

Don't confuse the OP with extra shit just let him use PRO-5, it suits him best for his needs to what I can see. He just wants to play PSP games (and possibly emulators) so PRO-5 fits his bill anyways.
Actually, I couldn't give a shit about DarkAlex and his crew.
From my experience, M33 seems the best since I was on GEN when I had a fully hackable PSP and it corrupted my saves randomly and every time I downgraded to M33, it did it again (now I know the real reason behind downgrading and saves corrupting)

What I'm saying is that nobody has mentioned changing the drivers. Have you heard of them? Yeah, they make games work.
He said PS1 games work just fine but PSP games don't, HMM I WONDER WHY?

Updating to PRO-B5 is just a lazy excuse for people because they don't want to help OP by explaining this to him and he will forever be a 'noob'.

Edit: And FYI, I'm on PRO-B5.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kiafazool said:
i know its confusing but its easy
screw that prometheus stuff
i hated that too. its too complicated

and then download the second link here called 6.20 PRO-B5 Bundle - http://pro.coldbird.eu

and thats it

if ur confused watch this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feunzm10jrU

there are many more on youtube just search - 6.20 pro b5

Going with this 100%, I did this about a week ago and love it. I can now turn off my system without losing hacks. Also been playing Gameboy Color emulator. So fun, I love PSP for home brew.

mangatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks everyone for trying to help.
now to be clear, i dont care about running homebrew on psp. all i want is to play psx and psp games and it seems like 6.20 has issues with plugins, psx games or what? m33 has issues with newer psp games...
well screw all of that im just gonna stick with the-hell-firmware i have now and contuinue playing psx games...

that was the reason i bought a psp in the first place so whatever...

realveemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have yet to find a PSX game that doesn't work on 6.20PRO. You can always try a TN-HEN if it doesn't work.. I've also got a GEN and between the 3, i have never found glitches..

List..
http://www.gamerspress.com/index.php?title...patibility_List
... can help you with anything PSX..

To date, all psp games work on GEN with Prome4 and PRO-B5 so look for these if you want psp games too

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I also ran GEN 5.50 on my 2000, and never had a problem. I'm currently running GEN-5.03 Prometheus on my 3000 and like realveemon said I have never had a problem picking up a game and playing it.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
realveemon said:
I have yet to find a PSX game that doesn't work on 6.20PRO. You can always try a TN-HEN if it doesn't work.. I've also got a GEN and between the 3, i have never found glitches..

List..
http://www.gamerspress.com/index.php?title...patibility_List
... can help you with anything PSX..

To date, all psp games work on GEN with Prome4 and PRO-B5 so look for these if you want psp games too

alot of ntsc-j games doesn't work for me, the ones I want to play at least.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't remember which ones I tried specificially except Bio Hazard 3 and Ore no Shikabane wo Koeteike.

Oh, and Soul Hackers

mangatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so ive changed my mind and tried to upgrade the firmware. because im a total noob in psp hacking i did what kiafazool said here:
QUOTE said:

and thats it
but i think bcuz of my cfw was 5.00 m33-6 it didnt go well and couldnt upgarde to the ofw 6.20 (well maybe that was obvious)
and it said "you may not open your psp system again" and i thought i got screwed up turned the system off went to google and searched..
long story short; upgraded to 5.50 prometheus.
now can play tekken 6 and digimon world (psx) so im happier now.
toot.gif

thank u everyone for trying to help, even though you are not much of a help. just kidding
yaypsp.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a