Hardware Bought a new PC... What do you think of this build?

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Verdict: Not enough RGB. Don't you know it increases your computer's performance by 20%, and keeps your components running cooler?

In all seriousness though, I personally would have waited a few more months before buying a GPU, since NVIDIA is expected to release their 11 series cards soon. And as others have mentioned, the cost of GPUs atm is still a bit high. Also, if gaming is your angle, an i5 8600k with an aftermarket cooler would have been preferable over the Ryzen 2700, at least until more devs start utilizing threads. It does runs fine for gaming though, and if you're doing content creation, then Ryzen will be good for that. The case looks kinda sad. As others have stated, it looks very cheap and lacks airflow. I do hope you plan to get something better in the future for the sake of extending the life of your components when under load. For RAM, while most users typically don't need more than 8 gigs, some games are starting to get into the 8 gig minimum requirement range, so an extra 8 gigs of overhead might not be a bad idea. In the least, you can always add the extra stick in the future. As for everything else, it mostly looks like a solid build. I would have invested a bit more in a better mouse and keyboard though. But the beauty about desktop PCs is you can always upgrade stuff later.

Last edited by Delerious,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)