Bought A GameBoy Advance SP

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by WiiFit_Guy, Apr 25, 2015.

1. WiiFit_Guy
    OP

WiiFit_Guy GBAtemp Regular

Jan 10, 2015
    Canada
    Recently bought a Gameboy Advance SP from someone. It's in alright condition. The thing is, the L and R trigger buttons are a bit used up. You hear very little "Click" sound when you press on them. I guess this is normal after years of use. I was wandering if there was a way to fix and "fresh up" the trigger buttons.

The battery is another option I'm looking at to replace. Also I would like to know if there is any online stores that still sell EZ-Flash IV with micro SD support.

Thanks

Summery:

-Bought a GBA SP
    - Trigger buttons ("L" and "R" are a bit worn). Would like to find a way to fix the problem.
    -Replaceable DIY battery?
    -EZ-Flash IV online stores in stock?

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    WiiFit_Guy likes this.
  3. Vipera

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    - gg
    - Go a round of compressed air inside them. If that doesn't fix the problem, you should replace the little springs inside
    - You will find batteries no younger than 5-6 years old. Buy one online from a trusted server and make sure that the mAh described is real and not fake
    - I dunno lol

4. WiiFit_Guy
    OP

Jan 10, 2015
    Canada
    Thanks Guys! I also was wandering, since it is the AGS-001 Model, if there is a good mod tutorial to make a back lite SP.

5. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    As far as I know you are kind of screwed as far as the shoulder buttons go. I'd love to be wrong here though.

6. Drud1995

Drud1995 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    United States
    Magicant
    What I love to do with old GBA SP systems is to buy a new shell off of eBay to restore it to a like new condition. If you just want to fix the triggers, you need a tri wing screwdriver to open the system. You can then pop out the rubber clicker circle pieces in the trigger ports and slowly spray inside with compressed air to restore them.

7. WiiFit_Guy
    OP

Jan 10, 2015
    Canada
  8. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    most stores for example nds-card.com will offer paypal but "privately" i mean, you have to ask them to pay via paypal.. because if they publicity show you can use paypal, nintendo hunts them down..
    i can't really reccomend you a store, but i would try nds-card...

WiiFit_Guy likes this.
  9. WiiFit_Guy
    OP

Jan 10, 2015
    Canada
    Alright, thought I would ask my question here since I already made a GBA thread. I hear that the EZ-Flash IV uses a battery. I hear you can leave it in the gba while charging to charge the battery as well. Though I know I'm not the only one here to say that losing progress of anything is a pain and fustrating (such as office word, excel work, game progress.)

Any way to have a trustful and realiable game cart save states? Thinking of buying a PSP go for emulation maybe.

Thanks

10. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    My Nintendo works for Dad
    First, the battery in the ezflash iv is not rechargeable, only the first few revisions used a rechargeable battery. However, the battery will last a few years. My old Gameboy Pokemon cards (blue and yellow) still hold their saves as does my flash2advance from 2002.

Also, the ezflash iv will save games to the sd card when you power it on, so chances of losing saves is small. You can regularly back it up to your PC.

WiiFit_Guy likes this.