Bought a faulty 3DS -> Arm11 (Core 1) undefined Instruction

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys,

I bought a faulty 3DS for a really cheap price on Ebay a few days ago and today it finally arrived!
When I start the Console, I get the "Arm 11 (Core 1) undefined Instruction" - Error so I think something's wrong with the Firmware?
When I press select at Console-Boot, the "Luma3DS v10.2 configuration" opens.

I haven't done anything with 3DS Handhelds for years but I want to give that device some new life.
Any suggestion how to process? How to really fix this issue?
There's no SD Card included (but have one lying around somewhere).

Luma seems to be installed on NAND.
IMG_20220126_121050.jpg
IMG_20220126_121110.jpg

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is the process mentioned in the ARM11 crash "pm"?

In this case the latest Luma3DS (v10.2.1) boot.firm file should solve the problem. Provide a FAT32 formatted SD with the boot file (and nothing else for the beginning) and see if it boots again.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/restoring-updating-cfw
followed by
https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup

should bring everything to a sane state again.

If this doesn't work, the problem could be the console SD reader. Try multiple SDs if needed.

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@KleinesSinchen I now tried the luma boot.firm (root of the SD Card). Didn't work.
I put Luma to SD Card and tried Godmode9 as Payload by holding the START Button on Button, didn't work either (screen stays black, console gets stuck until I hold the Power button for ~10 seconds).
The SD Card is formatted to FAT32 (32kb cluster) And Luma and Godmode9 has been put into the correct directories on the SD Card according to the guide (doublechecked it even)

Any Idea how I can fix this device?

Last edited by xXDungeon_CrawlerXx,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
@KleinesSinchen I now tried the luma boot.firm (root of the SD Card). Didn't work.
I put Luma to SD Card and tried Godmode9 as Payload by holding the START Button on Button, didn't work either (screen stays black, console gets stuck until I hold the Power button for ~10 seconds).
The SD Card is formatted to FAT32 (32kb cluster) And Luma and Godmode9 has been put into the correct directories on the SD Card according to the guide (doublechecked it even)

Your luma3ds is still out of date. 10.2 10.2.1

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Your luma3ds is still out of date. 10.2 10.2.1
Yea, I noticed.
But how to Update Luma3DS if I get either a Blackscreen (when trying to load a payload) or the ARM11 crash "pm".
Tried to download the latest Luma (10.2.1), put the boot.firm on the root of the SD Card and started the 3DS normally.
Still getting the ARM11 Crash Error

Really strange, seems bricked nand to me
That the NAND "Might" be bricked is something I thought may be possible.
But aren't bricked NANDs recoverable (reinstalling it completely fresh)?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

The SD card is fully ignored in the video (seconds 41-44). "Booted from CTRNAND via B9S"

Similar to the case yesterday with the difference that an outdated boot.firm is present on NAND while no boot file in the case yesterday. There is not much to add here:
  • Try some different (checked, FAT32 formatted) SDs, preferably full-sized not µSD in adapter
  • Check the console SD reader – and maybe replace it.
If GodMode9 was working from NAND we could easily check if the SD reader is working at all. No idea why it goes blackscreen on holding (Start).

Shot in the dark: Hold (⌂ Home) on power on. Not very likely, but if fastboot3DS is installed instead of standard B9S you would get a menu with that.

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The SD card is fully ignored in the video (seconds 41-44). "Booted from CTRNAND via B9S"

Similar to the case yesterday with the difference that an outdated boot.firm is present on NAND while no boot file in the case yesterday. There is not much to add here:
  • Try some different (checked, FAT32 formatted) SDs, preferably full-sized not µSD in adapter
  • Check the console SD reader – and maybe replace it.
If GodMode9 was working from NAND we could easily check if the SD reader is working at all. No idea why it goes blackscreen on holding (Start).

Shot in the dark: Hold (⌂ Home) on power on. Not very likely, but if fastboot3DS is installed instead of standard B9S you would get a menu with that.
Okay, this information I got here should be helpful.
So when the SD Card is fully ignored, maybe the SD Card Slot is faulty as well?
Gonna check if I have some older SD Cards (full-sized ones) and try these.
Otherwise I may have to replace it.

fastboot3ds is unfortunately not installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol