Hardware Bought a faulty 2DS with faulty buttons

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a cheap faulty 2DS console with the intention of trying to fix it up. The condition is near mint but the problem is that the touchscreen AND the buttons don't work. Microphone works though but when I opened it up, I was expecting the worst... and there's no sign of any liquid damage at all which makes me wonder if this is an internal problem?

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
the simplest problem for non working buttons is the touchscreen is damaged , just reassemble your 2ds without connecting the touchscreen ribon , your buttons should work

Reactions: cearp

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
p13
if you remove any of the other ribons , you 2ds will power on and power off after 2 or 3 seconds
p13 is at the bottom of the board , near the audio jack

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Attachments

• a5TIRFcWDc.huge.JPG
    a5TIRFcWDc.huge.JPG
    251.5 KB · Views: 302
Reactions: Harsky

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
p13
if you remove any of the other ribons , you 2ds will power on and power off after 2 or 3 seconds
p13 is at the bottom of the board , near the audio jack

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
Thank you so much! Now I can use the face buttons to the settings! I guess it's now a case of waiting until I find a new touchscreen.

EDIT: I cleaned the ribbon for P13. Now everything works fine.

Last edited by Harsky,

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
EDIT: I cleaned the ribbon for P13. Now everything works fine.
sometimes , just small bits of bread can slide between the touchscreen and the shell , and then then the touchscreen stay pressed all the time and prevents buttons from working normally
so just disassembling the touchscreen and cleaning it can make thing works again correctly

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sometimes , just small bits of bread can slide between the touchscreen and the shell , and then then the touchscreen stay pressed all the time and prevents buttons from working normally
so just disassembling the touchscreen and cleaning it can make thing works again correctly
Unfortunately it was too soon to celebrate. The ABXY buttons work and SOMETIMES the touchscreen works but the circle and D pad are mostly dead until I press REALLY hard on the plastic front to the left of the touchscreen. No amount of tightening the screws on the motherboard fixed it so I'm just going to spend the £3 and buy a new digitizer.

Like you mentioned, unclipping the P13 ribbon makes everything work perfectly fine (minus touchscreen) so I'm hoping that's the route to go.

The funny thing was that when I opened up and reached the touchscreen, it was super clean as well but I'll wait and see when the spare part arrives.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM