bought 2nd hand PS4 Pro with FW 6.20, best jailbreak?

Synthkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I bought a 2nd hand PS4 Pro with 1TB HD.
It's currently running on Firmware 6.20. Should I upgrade it to 9.0 or any other version or leave it on the current FW and use a 6.20 jailbreak?
I've heard 9.0 jailbreaks aren't permanent, every restart should apply the jailbreak again.
What would be the safest / best option version to jailbreak to ?

Thanks in advance !

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I bought a 2nd hand PS4 Pro with 1TB HD.
It's currently running on Firmware 6.20. Should I upgrade it to 9.0 or any other version or leave it on the current FW and use a 6.20 jailbreak?
I've heard 9.0 jailbreaks aren't permanent, every restart should apply the jailbreak again.
What would be the safest / best option version to jailbreak to ?

Thanks in advance !
No jailbreak is permanent, none of them.

6.72 is pretty good to be on to be fair.

My PRO’s on 6.72, don’t want to update to have to use a USB stick, plus staying low is always recommended.

Synthkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No jailbreak is permanent, none of them.

6.72 is pretty good to be on to be fair.

My PRO’s on 6.72, don’t want to update to have to use a USB stick, plus staying low is always recommended.
Thanks for the Reply. Why staying low always recommend? I want to use the ps4 to play games from HD prefferably 4K games. Is there any differences between 6.72 and 9.0 FW ? So i have to install the jailbreak again and again everytime I restart the PS4?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the Reply. Why staying low always recommend? I want to use the ps4 to play games from HD prefferably 4K games. Is there any differences between 6.72 and 9.0 FW ? So i have to install the jailbreak again and again everytime I restart the PS4?
It’s just the difference of using purely webkit and backports vs using an exploit USB Stick and not having to use backports as much really.

Lower is always better in terms of better developed tools and potential for more rounded hax, but if piracy is all you want then 9.00 is probably the way forward for you.

Every single jailbreak is non permanent on PS4, since 1.76 etc, all the way to 9.00: it’s in memory, so it’s flushed at reboot. It’s no big deal, you can use rest mode to mitigate that somewhat.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Synthkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It’s just the difference of using purely webkit and backports vs using an exploit USB Stick and not having to use backports as much really.

Lower is always better in terms of better developed tools and potential for more rounded hax, but if piracy is all you want then 9.00 is probably the way forward for you.

Every single jailbreak is non permanent on PS4, since 1.76 etc, all the way to 9.00: it’s in memory, so it’s flushed at reboot. It’s no big deal, you can use rest mode to mitigate that somewhat.
I wanna play 4k games piracy, but why is 9 best then? thanks

Synthkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Because you won’t need to backport or “obtain” so many back ports.

On 5.05/6.72 etc the range of games playable without using a backport patch is far smaller than it is now for 9.00 users.
Ah,okay, but any new game that is designed for 9.00 plus has a backport available? im quite new to this, backport is easy to install ? So maybe i'd first try upgrading from 6.20to 6.72 right ?

Last edited by Synthkey,

mircoho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Yes, 6.20 to 6.72 is a nice jump because the 6,20 is same like 6,72
you can try the 6.20 but no nice Exploit Host exist only is this https://github.com/ChendoChap/ps4-ipv6-uaf/tree/6.20
i was too on 6,20 FW and was thinking is maybe stabler as 6,72 because people talking for 2 years about random crashes on Exploit .. but this was for me on Firmware 6,20 too with ps4-hen-vtx i tried to Port the Payloads to Firmware 6,20
https://github.com/ps4gentoo/ps4-hen-vtx/tree/620 but its to mutch work for me so i updated too because @Leeful was bringing out hes nice Exploit Host for Firmware 6,72.

if you just want to play games i recommend you just upgrade to 6.72 so you don't get a headache. have fun with your PS4 Pro.

the only thing on 6,20 <--> 6,72 the webkit has an older version and GoldHen is only released for 5.05, 6.72 and 9.00 Firmware
https://github.com/GoldHEN/GoldHEN

some people on fw 9.00 say that the exploit is more stable (no random crashes), but I don't like this USB variant ... maybe they port this exploit to other versions ... 6,72 ... 6.20 .... so we can test this variant also times on FW 6.72. ...but ya...easier said than done.
https://github.com/ChendoChap/pOOBs4
The bug predates firmware 1.00, so 1.00-9.00 should be exploitable using the same strategy (you will need a different userland exploit & gadgets).

if you want headcaches stay at 6.20 :-) https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/Working_Exploits

this exploit would be interesting for 6.20 but Specter stopped working on this, now he works on PS5.
https://github.com/Cryptogenic/PS4-6.20-WebKit-Code-Execution-Exploit
:grog:

Last edited by mircoho,
Reactions: KiiWii

Tomtani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, 6.20 to 6.72 is a nice jump because the 6,20 is same like 6,72
you can try the 6.20 but no nice Exploit Host exist only is this https://github.com/ChendoChap/ps4-ipv6-uaf/tree/6.20
i was too on 6,20 FW and was thinking is maybe stabler as 6,72 because people talking for 2 years about random crashes on Exploit .. but this was for me on Firmware 6,20 too with ps4-hen-vtx i tried to Port the Payloads to Firmware 6,20
https://github.com/ps4gentoo/ps4-hen-vtx/tree/620 but its to mutch work for me so i updated too because @Leeful was bringing out hes nice Exploit Host for Firmware 6,72.

if you just want to play games i recommend you just upgrade to 6.72 so you don't get a headache. have fun with your PS4 Pro.

the only thing on 6,20 <--> 6,72 the webkit has an older version and GoldHen is only released for 5.05, 6.72 and 9.00 Firmware
https://github.com/GoldHEN/GoldHEN

some people on fw 9.00 say that the exploit is more stable (no random crashes), but I don't like this USB variant ... maybe they port this exploit to other versions ... 6,72 ... 6.20 .... so we can test this variant also times on FW 6.72. ...but ya...easier said than done.
https://github.com/ChendoChap/pOOBs4
The bug predates firmware 1.00, so 1.00-9.00 should be exploitable using the same strategy (you will need a different userland exploit & gadgets).

if you want headcaches stay at 6.20 :-) https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/Working_Exploits

this exploit would be interesting for 6.20 but Specter stopped working on this, now he works on PS5.
https://github.com/Cryptogenic/PS4-6.20-WebKit-Code-Execution-Exploit
:grog:
I have been using a ps4 pro on firmware 9.0 for jailbreaking for 10 months now and I can reccomend it to other people. There is no need to apply the fix patch and the jailbreaking success rate is quite well when compared to other firmwares. One of the reason some people stay on a low firmware is because they hope for a permanent jailbreak some day.

p.s. I went from firmware 5.01 directly to 9.00 10 months ago and I have no regrets. My ps4 pro and slim are both on 9.00.

Last edited by Tomtani1,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have been using a ps4 pro on firmware 9.0 for jailbreaking for 10 months now and I can reccomend it to other people. There is no need to apply the fix patch and the jailbreaking success rate is quite well when compared to other firmwares. One of the reason some people stay on a low firmware is because they hope for a permanent jailbreak some day.

p.s. I went from firmware 5.01 directly to 9.00 10 months ago and I have no regrets. My ps4 pro and slim are both on 9.0p.
You say that, but games and patches coming out now require 10.00, so you will need to use backports on 9.00 too.

The best thing the OP can do is weigh up everyone’s opinions, understand the differences, and choose for themselves :)

Worst case scenario: try it out at 6.72, and if it’s too much hassle for them, update to 9.00, but they must understand there is no going back… yet… ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

mircoho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

p.s. I went from firmware 5.01 directly to 9.00 10 months ago and I have no regrets. My ps4 pro and slim are both on 9.0p.
your slim 9,00 has more power under Linux as the ps4 pro 9.00 ... with fw 6,72 you dont have this "problem" ... but yes, I forget it's all about free games...:wacko:

Synthkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You say that, but games and patches coming out now require 10.00, so you will need to use backports on 9.00 too.

The best thing the OP can do is weigh up everyone’s opinions, understand the differences, and choose for themselves :)

Worst case scenario: try it out at 6.72, and if it’s too much hassle for them, update to 9.00, but they must understand there is no going back… yet… ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
hi Guys,
I'm going for the 6.72 first. Its updating now. Any recomendations for a youtube tuturial on how to jailbreak?
is this still relevant?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only way for him to truly know whats best for him is to let him experience 6.72 for himself. If he gets fed up with random kernel panics then he will be back asking how to update to 9.0.
But yeah Modded Warefare's Channel is all you need and that video is still relevant

Reactions: mircoho and KiiWii

Synthkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's up and running ! Only thing I don't understand is Backport. How do you backport games?
Post automatically merged:

Only way for him to truly know whats best for him is to let him experience 6.72 for himself. If he gets fed up with random kernel panics then he will be back asking how to update to 9.0.
But yeah Modded Warefare's Channel is all you need and that video is still relevantSo
So I installed some games, but some of them don't work (like Fifa22). It asks me to update to a higher firmwire which I don't want.
So I googled for a backport, found one and downloaded and installed through package manager. It does not seems to work, it gives me an error. How does this backport work? Do I need to download the right patches for this? Where do you find the right ones?

Last edited by Synthkey,

Tomtani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's up and running ! Only thing I don't understand is Backport. How do you backport games?
Post automatically merged:

So I installed some games, but some of them don't work (like Fifa22). It asks me to update to a higher firmwire which I don't want.
So I googled for a backport, found one and downloaded and installed through package manager. It does not seems to work, it gives me an error. How does this backport work? Do I need to download the right patches for this? Where do you find the right ones?
You need to download the fpkg game and the Fix file. Also chose the Update 1.30 Fix file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: If your not getting your pills from Psi's discount drugs who knows what your swallowing! +1