Gaming BOTW Wii U 720p vs 1080i framerate trick

isoboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please prove that this ain't BS and put up a video for the rest of us to see? A lot of talk yet no proof. I'm very interested. Any mod go right ahead and just delete my thread if you don't like it. Thank you.

isoboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not at all, I'm just saying they can delete this if they think it's unnecessary but I'd like to see what the fuzz is all about.

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody has any idea what you're talking about. GameExplain did a video showing that the game runs smoother undocked since it's rendered at 720p instead of 900p.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What wii u "trick", and why 1080i? Are you suggesting the framerate is smoother at 1080i than 720p or something? whyyyyyyy?

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OHHH, I know what he meant now. Someone was suggesting that if you went into the settings and set the system's resolution to something lower, the game would run better. But I'm pretty sure that's not true and it just always renders in one of two modes, then downscales to your setting.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone please prove that this ain't BS and put up a video for the rest of us to see? A lot of talk yet no proof. I'm very interested. Any mod go right ahead and just delete my thread if you don't like it. Thank you.

Taunting mods, calling yourself ISOboy...
So you are a new bad boi on gbatemp? :tpi:

K

KingpinSlim

I have heard this before. It's nonsense now and it was nonsense then.
People who suggest this simply do not know what interlaced resolutions are and how they work.

Everyone who thinks this may work, watch this:

You would be better off setting it to 720p, because that is the resolution the game is in anyway.
The Wii U only upscales it to 1080p.
That way your Screen/Tv will do the upscaling and the Wii U won't have to.

Reactions: isoboy

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
You would be better off setting it to 720p, because that is the resolution the game is in anyway.
The Wii U only upscales it to 1080p.
That way your Screen/Tv will do the upscaling and the Wii U won't have to.

So I guess the question is: by setting the Wii U to 720p so the TV handles the upscaling so the Wii U doesn't have to, is there a possibility of a performance increase due to this saved workload?

K

KingpinSlim

So I guess the question is: by setting the Wii U to 720p so the TV handles the upscaling so the Wii U doesn't have to, is there a possibility of a performance increase due to this saved workload?

All i can say is that i did that and then updated to v33 and the game now plays better than before.
If you want to, why not test it out?

Reactions: Benja81

nativesprague

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All i can say is that i did that and then updated to v33 and the game now plays better than before.
If you want to, why not test it out?
Think I can confirm that 720p seems a bit less harsh on the game's framerate - particularly around high grass. But that's not to say that all framerate drops have stopped, they're still really noticeable for me in villages and whatnot.

K

KingpinSlim

Think I can confirm that 720p seems a bit less harsh on the game's framerate - particularly around high grass. But that's not to say that all framerate drops have stopped, they're still really noticeable for me in villages and whatnot.
Yep, but at least it isn't as bad as it used to be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."