Homebrew BoTW saves not updating after Saviine inject

compaqness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! So I moved a friends BoTW save files off of my WiiU to his, the dump and injection process went smoothly and everything. I booted up his copy of BoTW and loaded up his most recent save without a hitch, so I thought it was a success.

Unfortunately whenever he tries to save his game and turn off the console, upon booting the game again his saves list isn't updated and is just the same ones I injected into his console.

Could there be any reason to why the saves don't seem to update after the injected saves? It doesn't make sense why the console would just lock onto those saves specifically :(

compaqness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try to repeat the process? I mean, dump and inject the data again
I'm actually about to do that later today, maybe I overlooked something during the dump/injecting or something :unsure:

A friend save? Ehh it looks like u imported another user save. Might be the issue.
Oh yeah, I think I may have read a little bit on that; with saves being "locked" with the user's profile it was made on. Was there something Saviine could do to bypass that?

Trylk248

Honest helper and custom content creator.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm actually about to do that later today, maybe I overlooked something during the dump/injecting or something :unsure:

Oh yeah, I think I may have read a little bit on that; with saves being "locked" with the user's profile it was made on. Was there something Saviine could do to bypass that?
To answer your question, I can't really help you because I don't use Saviine yet. :/

But I believe there is a way of doing this. I believe it's about replacing datas from one save with another one but I don't know really so I don't want to get you into mistakes and troubles. :)

helado123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Did you make it work? I want to do the same but I want to be sure it will work if I inject the data on a different NNID

compaqness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To answer your question, I can't really help you because I don't use Saviine yet. :/

But I believe there is a way of doing this. I believe it's about replacing datas from one save with another one but I don't know really so I don't want to get you into mistakes and troubles. :)
Oh gotcha. I think Saviine also had some save compatibility list, so maybe BoTW save injecting isn't fully functional just yet? (I haven't checked the list yet though) I guess I'll keep looking into it...

Did you make it work? I want to do the same but I want to be sure it will work if I inject the data on a different NNID
I'm just about to redo the dump/inject process one more time, so I'll get back to you on this one!

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BOTW works with Saviine just fine I injected a save 2 days ago and was able to save and load it like normal and was on my NIN ID
Maybe something happen during the injection process? like an error was overlooked in the log. Check to make sure if theres an updated Saviine

Last edited by MasterJ360, , Reason: can't spell

helado123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
BOTW works with Saviine just fine I injected a save 2 days ago and was able to save and load it like normal and was on my NIN ID
Maybe something happen during the injection process? like an error was overlooked in the log. Check to make sure if theres an updated Saviine

Did you dump the savefiles from a different NNID and then inject it on yours?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you dump the savefiles from a different NNID and then inject it on yours?
I wouldn't know for sure b/c the save file is from this site where ppl share them, I simply just injected a USA save for a USA game version after booting up saviine clicked the game
and let the magic work
You probably should go to this thread to get more info on this since alot of ppl dump their saves here https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-save-files-compilation.427761/page-29#post-7191943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay