Gaming BoTW crashes instantly when booting the game from the home menu

AxlSt00pid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Today I decided to play BoTW after at least 2 months without touching the game. I inserted the cartridge and chose my profile, only to get "The software was closed due to an error" on the switch game loading screen and get kicked back to the Home menu.

I tried rebooting my switch, reinserting the BoTW cartridge and even cleaning it, but it still does the same, I'm now trying to reupdate the game via the "Look for damaged data" option (and no, it didn't find damaged data) but I'm keeping my hopes to "revive" this cartridge really really low.

What can I do to get the game to boot? Any help is appreciated

The only thing that has changed is that I changed my 8GB SD Card for a Samsung evo 128GB

Info:
-Switch on latest FW
-BoTW on latest update, no DLCs, cartridge, bought on release date
-SD I'm using is a Samsung evo 128GB

EDIT:
I fixed it
The data finally downloaded and the game now boots as normal, seems that either one update downloaded incorrectly or the data corrupted when I put in on the new SD Card

Last edited by AxlSt00pid, , Reason: Put the fix on OP in case someone has the same problem as me on any game

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
do you own or know anyone else who has another Switch and tried inserting your cartridge? does your old mSD contain any file related to BOTW?

Reactions: Uumas

AxlSt00pid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
do you own or know anyone else who has another Switch and tried inserting your cartridge? does your old mSD contain any file related to BOTW?
Nope, I'm the only one who owns a switch on the island where I live
I'm still downloading the data (God bless horrible internet speed), but I'm thinking that the problem might be from a corrupted savefile? but then, if it is, why would that make BoTW crash on the switch loading screen?

Last edited by AxlSt00pid,

AxlSt00pid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
it might be a fake/bad SD card?
even if it works with some thing ,it have bad sectors, on it making stuff not work right
I tested the card with h2testw and it didn't find any errors on the SD Card

At this point I guess the cart is bad. Sorry bud but looks like you will need to buy another one.
Well, I just hope it didn't brick itself somehow and that I can revive it someway

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The data finally downloaded and the game now boots as normal, seems that either one update downloaded incorrectly or the data corrupted when I put in on the new SD Card

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: oh cool, I saw Space Invaders on that Nintendo Syl :D