BotW “000” requests an update on an offline 3.0.1 console

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Talvis, May 5, 2018.

1. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    I'm so high, I don't even know!
    Unfortunately, there isn't a way without physically opening the game and looking at the back of the cart.

This is what I did as well.

@annson24, just ask the seller for a clear picture of the back of the cart or ask at the store to see the back and grab it if it's a "000".

2. lytro

lytro GBAtemp Regular

Aug 10, 2014
    Japan
    When I asked several sellers on eBay if they could show me the back of the cartridge or tell me the code on the back, I got all kind of useless answers..

3. The3rdknuckles

The3rdknuckles GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2015
    United States
    Anyone notice this is in Hacking and Homebrew, but should probably be in Games & Content?

4. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    I should've put "milage may vary".

Basically, I just nicely ask them if they can provide a clear picture of the cartridge and they usually just send over a picture. 90% of the time they don't reply back with text, just the picture.

Most serious eBayers will not beat around the bush, if they do just keep looking.

If you can try a used game store, there you should have no problem seeing the back of the cartridge.

It's because the OP's issue correlates with a thread stickied in this section of the forums:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-games-required-firmware-version.485959/

Last edited by BL4Z3D247, May 6, 2018
  5. The3rdknuckles

The3rdknuckles GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2015
    United States
    Noted

6. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    FYI if you got the game from a store or retail outlet swapping the game out with another that is in the same cosmetic condition and functionality isn't really fraud. If somehow it being a 000 revision was the selling point for that copy, then in that case it would be since you'd be misrepresenting what version of the cart you are returning to them. But I doubt that's the case. Retail stores aren't exactly advertising that they are selling exploitable games or games that can be used on consoles on exploitable firmware. You should be fine swapping it out. :P

peteruk and BL4Z3D247 like this.
  7. ut0pia

ut0pia Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2018
    France
    Have you tried to sync game update with another switch ? It will update the game not console firmware and I was able to fix all my nagging update with this feature (press + (plus button) in dashboard)

8. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    Well I have a Zelda first release too on my 3.02...

I tried updating it, but then I couldn't play it anymore it kept asking me to update my console and the game wouldn't open no matter what...

I just reset my whole console and started from fresh since my save was at the begining of the game...

Then it worked, but I never connected the console to the internet anymore since then...

9. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Well assuming you have the required tools, you could try dumping nand with the FG exploit/RCM stuff. Then do what the above poster suggested. (Is there a method of deleting the game save without resetting the console? You could try that instead. Could be that once a game is updated the save is updated too and prevents you from using game again on older FW/older versions of game.

If that doesn't work and you lost the save for no reason, then you could use the RCM mode tools to restore your nand backup and get your save(s) back. After that you'd have to wait till CFW that allows 5.x emunand to come out before you can play that game on your console again.

H1B1Esquire likes this.
  10. Talvis
    OP

Talvis Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2018
    Japan
    Too much of a hassle, imo.
    I’ll send the game back on Monday and look around for another copy.:mthr:

11. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    I was going to be in this muck soup myself, but I know a few people who bought Switch specifically for BotW; my plan was to share the update with them (most of the people I know with Switch in a 30 mile radius have 4.1.0), but I ended up with a 002 of BotW--no update needed, played flawlessly.

Personally, I'd go for the 002. The QoL changes are worth it, specifically, the little fucker actually plays without updating issues.

12. Talvis
    OP

Talvis Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2018
    Japan
    What kind of changes?

13. H1B1Esquire

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    I think there's a write up for every change from 000 to 002. Bug fixes and all that good stuff. But yeah, the obvious is that you can play the game without worrying about updating.

14. annson24

annson24 The Patient One

May 5, 2016
    Philippines
    The problem is, the game and NS are both brand new and I couldn't switch games once opened.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

15. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    I understand that, I was referring to used games on eBay or a used game store.

16. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    If your save is not much advanced and you dont have any save that you care just go to system settings and reset the console and you will be able to play it again...

17. binarymelon

binarymelon Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2017
    Canada
    I have a copy of BOTW that is essentially useless to me. Is it likely that I'll be able to get to a playable state once CFW is released?

18. Heatran5400

Heatran5400 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2013
    United States
    maybe

19. xdarkmario

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    ask the sales clerk if you can look at the game cart before you try and go hunt down a 001 if you choose to replace it.

20. H1B1Esquire

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    Best bet, find someone on the same FW as you who has played BotW and transfer the update data.

If you're below 5.0.0, just get a 002 BotW--even if you have to a used game store and ask them what the last three numbers are on the back of the cart before purchase, it's worth it.

If you're willing to take dark measures, "cop'n'swap".

As a last resort, get your message count up and make a post in the WTB/WTT section for a 002 cart/trade 000 for 002--some people might want 000 for hacking/glitches.

binarymelon likes this.