Hacking Question Both TegraRCMGui and TegraRCMSmash get frozen upon uploading payload

Enlapse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everybody!

A friend of mine asked me if I could test if his Switch could be hacked, and because I have an already hacked switch, I could test it. I have done everything that I do on my switch (which works correctly).

First of all, I tried the four USB ports (two USB3 and two USB2) with two different cables (but both of them are chargers from the same device) and this happened:
With TegraRCMGui:
- If I try to upload a payload ( I tried with Lockpick, biskeydump and Hekate_5.0.0 and Hekate_5.1.2), TegraRCMGui gets frozen with a "Not responding" window, but if I turn off the Switch while the window is "Not responding", upon closing the Switch, TegraRCMGui gets responding again and displays new log text saying that an error 31 happened, and the switch disconnected. While TegraRCMGui is "Not responding", the switch screen is black.
- As I said, I have everything done, like the drivers installed. If I try to do exactly the same with my switch, everything works perfectly and the payload loads as intended without an error in TegraRCMGui (same cable, same TegraRCMGui version, same payload version).

With TegraRCMSmash:
- Like with TegraRCMGui with the payloads I tried, but instead of TegraRCMSmash getting frozen with "Not responding", it gets frozen with this text (but the window is responding):

TegraRcmSmash (64bit) 1.2.1-3 by rajkosto
Opened USB device path \\?\usb#vid_0955&pid_7321#5&90eb764&0&1#{aa0dbd45-3117-f331-5c49-76bf65225042}
RCM Device with id 400405060000002000645164212101D0 initialized successfully!
Uploading payload (mezzo size: 92, user size: 126143, total size: 192359, total padded size: 192512)...

But if shut down the swicth while the message displays in TegraRCMSmash, nothing happens. The window stays the same with the same text.

Now, my friend's Switch it's not new, updated the Switch to 9.2.0 yesterday and the files in the SD are placed with an exFAT SD.

Oh, by the way. If I try to use my SD card on his switch (to test if it has something to do with his SD or the files in it), it happens exactly what I told you before.
I have also read that some people were waiting about 15 minutes to make it load, but it's been like half an hour and nothing happened.

Any ideas? The problem is that in my switch everything works perfectly, and the same process in my friend's switch doesn't work.

Enlapse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for double post.

Forget it, the Switch is from 2019, so probably (and most likely) patched, even though the injection didn't end successfully with a black screen, just a "Not responding" window, so perhaps it isn't?

If possible, any ideas? But again, it's probably patched. :/

f0li0

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for double post.

Forget it, the Switch is from 2019, so probably (and most likely) patched, even though the injection didn't end successfully with a black screen, just a "Not responding" window, so perhaps it isn't?

If possible, any ideas? But again, it's probably patched. :/

The first thing you should've checked is if it was patched on ismyswitchpatched

Enlapse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The first thing you should've checked is if it was patched on ismyswitchpatched

Well, that's just what I did, sorry for not saying it, but I thought it was obvious, my bad. The serial code of the Switch isn't showing in IMSP.com. The serial starts with XJK, that's why I didn't say anything and kept trying.

I'd say the usb-c cable is the problem. You should try with another one.

The problem is that the same cable works for my switch but not on his, so I hardly doubt it. Anyways, I tried with two different cables (both of them worked on my switch but not on his).

I think the unit is patched and that's all. Thank you anyways.

Reactions: f0li0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse