Homebrew Both systems on 10.1. Is 10.4 relating today?

Ichigo1000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do the downgrading methods work on 10.1? Am i out of luck? I cant come home until 3pm pst

I have an o3ds and an N3DS XL

Edit. Didn't mean to say relate, meant to say release

Last edited by Ichigo1000,

zoogie

playing around in the dsiware
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
do the downgrading methods work on 10.1? Am i out of luck? I cant come home until 3pm pst

Edit. Didn't mean to say relate, meant to say release
Yes, stay there and don't worry. (and snshax may come in the future and could be more stable way to dg on new3ds, but you need 10.1 at most)

Last edited by zoogie,

Ichigo1000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably for a JPN 8.1 owner who's options are more open if they update. You are much better served by staying put on 10.1.
Oh that's good to know. Is there no option for people that is on firmware 9.9? There's a small chance my N3DS XL is on that firmware, i forgot though. I heard there will be a maintenance today. Am i screwed if it releases?

zoogie

playing around in the dsiware
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Oh that's good to know. Is there no option for people that is on firmware 9.9? There's a small chance my N3DS XL is on that firmware, i forgot though. I heard there will be a maintenance today. Am i screwed if it releases?
No lol. You're better off on lower firmwares.

The only thing is, your going to miss the window to where if you softbrick, you can probably recover update back to 10.3 as a failsafe. It's ok though, because the downgrade exploit will likely become more stable in the coming weeks as it's refined. You just have to be patient.

Last edited by zoogie,

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    "Tests indicate that tree bark is too rough and Trog complain when I use his hair..."
  • Seriel @ Seriel:
    but its not like they would have found toilet paper lying around, at what point did they learn to make it
  • Seriel @ Seriel:
    im so invested in this now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Probably when politics first got printed...
  • Seriel @ Seriel:
    good point
  • Megadriver94 @ Megadriver94:
    How do you add images on here
  • BORTZ @ BORTZ:
    weiners
  • CPG @ CPG:
    incredible
  • Seriel @ Seriel:
    @Megadriver94 theres a button for it lol, but it only accepts a URL
    Zj5yYmn.png
  • banjo2 @ banjo2:
    Epic embed success
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    This is new; shoutbox replacement/addition?
  • Zyvyn @ Zyvyn:
    So after the update I unlocked 2 trophies. Is it possible to see all the other earn-able trophies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    WOOHOO! I finally put my New battery in my laptop. And as you can see whaala. yay
  • AsPika2219 @ AsPika2219:
    Wow! New shutbox! Yeah! 🥰
  • Seriel @ Seriel:
    @RichardTheKing yes it is a shoutbox replacement, see the main news thread for details
    +1
  • Seriel @ Seriel:
    @Zyvyn there aren't any except those 2 currently but more are planned and when they're added you can see them here: https://gbatemp.net/help/categorized-trophies/
    I got there by clicking the number of trophies I have, and then clicking the button labelled "View all available trophies"
    +1
    @Seriel Why is your reply blinding cream? Is there a way to disable that highlight?
  • Seriel @ Seriel:
    I think that's a theme bug, it happened because I mentioned you.
    The colour choice makes much more sense on the light theme, it's just the dark theme(s) where its super yikes
    +1
    Yep, your message now (and your own to Zyvyn) isn't cream.
    Initial release; not too surprised there's a colour bug, really.
  • AlexMCS @ AlexMCS:
    new shoutbox huh? cool
  • Seriel @ Seriel:
    Yeah I intentionally didn't mention you in that one because I wanted the message to actually be readable hahah
    from Zyvyn's point of view my reply to them will be cream instead
  • Seriel @ Seriel:
    It also sends a forum notification when someone mentions you here, which is really cool if you arent paying attention to chat
  • sailr @ sailr:
    Мой адрес не дом и не улица
  • sailr @ sailr:
    Мой адрес - Советский Союз
    sailr @ sailr: Мой адрес - Советский Союз