Bose QC35II QuietComfort V Sony WH-1000XM3

DaveLister

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Which one would you buy? Been hovering over these and cannot decide - I do fly a lot and need the noise Cancelation its rumored the Sony has better. But you know when I look at someone wearing a pair BOSE just says more to me?

Anyone used both or have an opinion either way?

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I have the Bose. I sleep with it every night, it isn't very comfy but the noise cancellation literally changed my life, living with 2 kids and in an apartment building with neighbors.
Only downside I see is it wears off really fast. I have had to replace the cushions three times within 2 years. It doesn't age well at all.
Can't help but wonder how the Sony one performs on the long run, but I'm not gonna spend another $300 to verify.

Reactions: DaveLister

DaveLister

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I have the Bose. I sleep with it every night, it isn't very comfy but the noise cancellation literally changed my life, living with 2 kids and in an apartment building with neighbors.
Only downside I see is it wears off really fast. I have had to replace the cushions three times within 2 years. It doesn't age well at all.
Can't help but wonder how the Sony one performs on the long run, but I'm not gonna spend another $300 to verify.
I'm leaning toward the Bose more anyway.
Cheers for the feedback.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I'm leaning toward the Bose more anyway.
Cheers for the feedback.
alright, piece of advice though: once you reach the point where you have to replace the earpad/cushions, don't buy official ones. They are ridiculously overpriced. I bought them once and they wear off super fast, so the next couple times I just ended up buying unofficial ones and they're just the same, except 10 times cheaper.

I've heard of a new Bose headset with flatter earpads, I wonder what they're like, apparently you sleep better with these... but they're also more expensive
https://www.bose.com/en_us/products....html#v=noise_cancelling_headphones_700_black
doesn't look much different from the QCs to be honest

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I got a pair of Sony XM3 from work and I love them. Wear them for about an average of 1-2 hours a day and they don't hurt my ears or head and the noise cancellation is amazing. But I haven't tried the Bose or actually any other noise cancelling headphones so my opinion might not be worth anything to you. If I were you I would go to a store and ask to try out both for a few minutes each and see which are more comfy. The cushion-replacing thing could be a tipping factor but maybe the Sonys are just as bad. If the Bose are easier/cheaper to buy knock off cushions that would be a good point in their favour.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have both. The Sony Cans wins out for me. The noise cancellation is better and there are more modes so I can allow some noise in which proved handy to me at times and I would say the sound quality is better than the QC35s. The fact they charge by USB C is also a nice feature. I do think the QC35s are comfier though that's not to say the Sonys are uncomfortable and the noise cancellation is still very good, they blocked all the shit I would hear on my commute.

In summary, I don't think you'll go wrong either way. I would recommend the Sony headphones as I think they are better hence why I use them everyday.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way for you to try both?

Before buying my QC25s (the 35s weren't out) I tried a few different ones before deciding that the 25s were best for me, even though there were recommended and in some ways better alternatives.

Red_Soldat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Have them both and I agree with the others suggesting to go with Sony.
The WH-1000MX3 win hands down on sound quality and noise cancelling.
QC35II (and QC35I, not much difference between the two) are more comfortable on the long run - I have no problem keeping them always on for 8-10 hour shifts - but charging port gets flimsy with use and noise cancelling is good but not great.

matthi321

Trophies
XP
Country
i own the bose and im very pleased with both the comfort and the noise cancelation. from what i have read the bose is the comfiest of the two. but the sony has better noise cancelation and has the best app.

DaveLister

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Wow dilemma time I am watching drop for a nicely priced set and they do both . That is something all you guys have confirmed for me the sonys are better for noise cancellation and sound. Its repeated all.over the net anyone who owns both says the same as you guys.

One last question do the Sony have the hand gesture to dim noise cancellation for talking to flight crews.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Wow dilemma time I am watching drop for a nicely priced set and they do both . That is something all you guys have confirmed for me the sonys are better for noise cancellation and sound. Its repeated all.over the net anyone who owns both says the same as you guys.

One last question do the Sony have the hand gesture to dim noise cancellation for talking to flight crews.
Yeah you can hold your hand over the ear cup and it sends all the noise through. I am a bit deaf and I actually find it easier to understand what someone is saying to me with the headphones on and my hand over the cup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/