Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
500x_500x_borderlands_expansion.jpg

At the Gearbox panel at PAX today, company president Randy Pitchford told a Borderlands-loving audience that the level cap for that game will be going up from 61 to 69. For zero dollars.

"The level cap will now be 69," Pitchford said. "That's the magic number." He said the cap will come out close to the late-October release of the Borderlands Game of the Year edition.

Pitchford said that the studio felt that they couldn't go up a full 11 levels, as they did through the paid downloadable content, The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, because they didn't want to put another level cap increase in paid DLC. The way that Borderlands DLC is structured, he said, would have required that anyone who would want to get the new level cap from new paid DLC would have had to buy all of the previous Borderlands DLCs as well. No good. Pitchford said Gearbox wanted all players to enjoy this raise of the level cap.

The studio also decided that a cap raise of just five levels would be too small. So Gearbox settled on eight, which gets the level up to 69, for all those who have the Knoxx DLC. "69." The crowd laughed.

The eight-level increase will be offered in a free patch for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 players. The patch will also included some re-balancing tweaks to the game. Expect it this fall..[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

You perv Borderlands devs
tongue.gif

But at least now Crawmerax is easier, I guess.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
ShatteredScreens said:
Having difficulty with Crawmerax, are we? All you need is 2-3 Siren's and he's peasy
wink.gif

Finally, Sirens are good for something other than just looking pretty.

Sirens are really good late game when you can't rely on raw damage to kill everything. Most things require some sort of elemental damage and when you have a Siren who specializes in dealing a lot of elemental damage, it can make all the difference.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
BlackDave said:
YEAAAAAAH!!!

**grinding**
Nice one.

Also, inb4Hadriansayingthisgamesucks.

Hadrian sucks.

I'm actually surprised they wouldn't bundle this with the fourth thing of DLC (which is getting released sometime before the GotY edition). I mean, it would draw more cash for them. I guess they might actually care about gamers for once. Shocking. Yet again I thought all the DLC was free on the PC so that may be why.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
borderlands? more like BOREDerlands amirite?

nah, j/k. I fucking love this game. there's tons of content even without the addons.

I'm buying the GOTY, since I have not bought any DLC whatsoever.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was never interested in borderlands before, I hadn't heard uch about it prior to release or after, a few people have said it's good but now that I've got myself to looking at it it actually looks rather good I may condiser geting the GOTY:edition.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was never interested in borderlands before.
I hadn't heard much about it prior to release or after.
A few people have said it's good but now that I've got myself to looking at it, it actually looks rather good I may consider geting the GOTY:edition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse