anyone got suggestions?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
If it's freezing, then it could be: dirt or scratches on the disk; a corrupt sector from burning the disk causing it to fail to read; a sign that the drive laser is dirty or wearing down; an early sign of RRoD heading your way; or some kind of power surge locking up the console.

The power surge is actually unlikely. The rest are more likely. The main test is to try other games. If no other game shows problems, it's likely your borderlands disk.

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thats the thing though, all my other games work fine, cept borderlands, n ive burned n reburned that game multiple times now, would burning it at a slower speed fix the problem?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"ive burned n reburned that game multiple times now"

Can I guess the sentence could continue "using the same batch of discs and same drive to burn"?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Is the crippling of the hard drive something new in the bans? I updated a mates console not long ago. He bought a flashed console and when I tried to hook it up to live it gave the banned error code. It was still on the "blades" version of the dashboard so I downloaded the update from the MS website and installed it off a USB stick. It let me install games to the hard drive without a problem.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah crippling drives is something new as of this banning session.

Unfortunate you updated as well; if it was still blades then chances are it could have done homebrew including the rebooter apps and so XBLA stuff.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, it's something new. Only recently they have started to cripple the console and kill hdd installs. If you were banned a long time ago, then it's just a ban. Problem can be fixed though or you can just write protect your nand, so even if you get banned it can't revoke the hdd installs, so not too much of a problem.

bah, beaten by a minute
tongue.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
Yeah crippling drives is something new.

Unfortunate you updated as well; if it was still blades then chances are it could have done homebrew including the rebooter apps and so XBLA stuff.

It wasn't the most recent version that I updated with, I grabbed an older version just in case he wanted to homebrew it (the one on MS site is still the 2008 one I think). I doubt he will want to though, he was just interested in free games with no work necessary.

edit : Actually seems like I was wrong, I just went back and checked and misread the file name. Bollocks. Oh well, I doubt he'll want to do the hack anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"