1. xtrem3x

xtrem3x GBAtemp Regular

CODEX cracked and released it months ago so they're a bit late to be adding DRM to the Steam version :huh:

2. SwigS-27

SwigS-27 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    EGS also had denuvo. Steam just mentions it.

3. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Maniac

Togo
    Meh played it on the ps4 and halfway lost interest in it. Don't know but it feels like bl3 lost the charm of the first two games. The humor in the game also is pretty mediocre or downright bad and feels like the jokes are taken from disney cartoons.

Last edited by Unleanone999, Feb 29, 2020
  4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Denuvo DRM is something only dumbass developers who are in the "but piracy kills games" group. Bunch of pantywaists :lol: This is why I bought Assassin's Creed Odyssey on the PS4 so I could circumvent the shitty DRM.

5. Darth Meteos

Darth Meteos Entertainer

United States
    Hooray! I'll finally be able to play!

6. Memerz1

Memerz1 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    About time. smh

7. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Call me a terrorist but i seriously, no joke want to just step into the denuvo headquarters and shoot them up, kill the ceo, bomb the entire place, just make sure it's up in flames
    I hate it when devs do this, like all games will be cracked one way or another. just go through with it. Piracy via CDkeys kills the online features for games like these anyways, so pirates would probably have to buy the game to play online.
    plus if your game is good people will buy it anyway, if anything there will be more people buying the games than pirating them.

8. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Australia
    If it is as bad as people are saying to the high seas it is

9. the_randomizer

United States
    Um, no that's too far, just either pirate their games or get their games on consoles where Denuvo doesn't cause issues.

10. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Okay how about i go see the CEO of denuvo, kidnap him and tie him up in my basement
    Then i subject him to a 3 month long rant about how is product is useless and hurts the industry rather than help it

11. snobbysteven

snobbysteven Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    When it is super cheap I will probably grab it, not a fan of Randy, so I won't give them the full price for it.

12. the_randomizer

United States
    I don't know man

13. ceelo

ceelo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Epic should put the game on sale for ten bucks in the last week of exclusivity, slapping Steam in the face. Hardly any customers would buy it on Steam. I assume when Steam gets it, it would be full price.

14. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    It's not bad as people say I think they hav just lost interest in games altogether - I don't kno what they expect - if luv shooting and looting then buy it and youl enjoy it

15. hoodlum47

hoodlum47 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This may be a bit off-topic, but can someone explain to me why Denuvo DRM is universally hated? I honestly don't get it.

I have never had a problem with any game that has Denuvo in it.

16. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Australia
    Just off the top of my head it's been proven to slow games down compared to a non Denuvo version of the same game, I'm sure there are more reason but it's 4am and I need sleep so I'll let someone else reply with others

17. sporkonomix

sporkonomix Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Denuvo and other anti-piracy measures work by watching processes on your computer to make sure the game can't be accessed from "outside" or "untrusted" sources. In order to work, it needs to have administrator-like access to your computer and essentially lock it down.

It shows a complete lack of respect for the user's computing resources, slows the game down, and makes it much more difficult to archive or pirate. In other words, the usual legitimate customers get a worse experience than pirates. And somehow we're supposed to be okay with that.

The timed exclusive deal with Epic, Denuvo, and my own lack of time with some BL2 builds and most of TPS makes me not want this, despite any of the cool additions. I have a backlog of over 40 games, Gearbox will need to ante up and respect me as a customer if they want me to buy their games anymore.

I did the same for Risk of Rain 2, waiting for it to hit a proper release and not stay in Early Access for all time. Hopefully they don't use Denuvo...

18. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    You underestimate just how bad some people hate Epic.

19. hoodlum47

hoodlum47 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    That's the thing though, I have never experienced any of these problems that so many people say stem from Denuvo. As such, I still don't get the overall outrage so many PC gamers have against Denuvo.

The fact of the matter is, Denuvo is the best at what it does right now, so a lot of developers are going to opt to use it. Granted it doesn't completely stop piracy (nothing ever will) but it does usually slow down how fast their games get cracked considerably.

I personally feel that a lot of these reports of Denuvo making games near unplayable are overblown and are a result of people looking for a scapegoat for their performance issues. Again, just my opinion seeing as how I never had any of these problems with Denuvo protected games.

20. wiifii

wiifii Member
    Newcomer

United States
    IKR especially when loading Malawan takedown and the door is LOCKED! waste of time!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

IKR especially when loading Malawan takedown and the door is LOCKED! waste of time!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Borderlands, exclusivity, releases