Borderlands 3: Director's Cut has been rated for the Nintendo Switch

t620x300-ff85640da57f7b98c9b2d785db30eb17.jpeg

There's possibly more Borderlands on the way for the Nintendo Switch, joining the already existing Legendary Collection, as a PEGI rating has appeared online. The European ratings board has given Borderlands 3: Director's Cut a classification for the Switch, almost certainly confirming the existence of the game, with an official reveal expected to come from 2K Games fairly soon. Borderlands 3's Director's Cut is set to add extra story content, missions, and areas to explore, and is planned for launch later today, on other platforms.

:arrow: Source

Kitocco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's apparently a mistake and 2k games have said they aren't working on a Switch version.
Dang.

Well, I still think this is a case of “ridiculous enough to be real” since we’re in a very... interesting time of Switch ports, what with The Outer Worlds & Apex Legends where “can we?” proooobably took precedent over “should we.” The rumored Switch Pro & “4K-ready” mandates probably helping those decisions.

(And no, “Cloud Editions” do NOT count >:[. )

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Dang.

Well, I still think this is a case of “ridiculous enough to be real” since we’re in a very... interesting time of Switch ports, what with The Outer Worlds & Apex Legends where “can we?” proooobably took precedent over “should we.” The rumored Switch Pro & “4K-ready” mandates probably helping those decisions.

they said they werent doing switch ports at all, so i doubt it will be a thing.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dang.

For the most part Apex runs fine. The Outer Worlds would've been better if weren't made by Obsidian, who are known for not necessarily great optimization. Sure it was ported by another studio, but they likely wanted or were forced to keep stuff as close as possible, plus it's a UE4 game, and while powerful isn't necessarily the most optimized engine either. With proper development skills the Switch is capable of a lot more than you'd think, but more and more stuff is being made in engines like Unity and UE4 and being ported through that rather than being rewritten for Switch and developed using tbe first party tools. This is why titles from Nintendo are so much better looking and performing than a lot of 3rd party ports.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8 +1