Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
bl2_logo_450.png

Yes, updates, plural. The level/cap update has two parts.​

• The free update increases Eridium capacity to 500, and adds more ammo, backpack, and bank upgrades to the black market. There's also "Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode", which is the third playthrough, which greatly increases difficulty, skips the starter tutorial missions, and can have it's progress individually reset from the menu (opposed to starting a new character for further plays).

• The paid update is $5/400MSP (free for pass owners as pokefloot says below), and that's what adds the raised level cap (up to 61, complete with 11 more skill points), and a new class of "Ancient" e-tech weapons.
In "Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode", enemy levels scale to yours, or the highest of the party, so the cap increase is not needed to play it.

icon11.gif
Source

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never did understand the need for Etech weapons. I've never used them. They seem pointless and weak to be honest.

But still. I already spent 100 eridium on buying ammo for my rocket launcher and ammo for my SMG. Definitely weird with them being pink.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh gearbox reset all my playthroughs of all my characters and several of my friends too. I can still enter valt hunter mode. But to get the 3rd play through, I'll have to complete the 1st playthrough and second on each character over again. Because of this I'm considering trading the game in. It's not fair at all. We never once cheated or used sav file edits like others out there have.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
T
*sigh gearbox reset all my playthroughs of all my characters and several of my friends too. I can still enter valt hunter mode. But to get the 3rd play through, I'll have to complete the 1st playthrough and second on each character over again. Because of this I'm considering trading the game in. It's not fair at all. We never once cheated or used sav file edits like others out there have.
Then why did they reset it? How do you know it wasn't just a little bug or glitch. What platform?

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The xbox 360. First time I have ever gotten a "reset" done to me. My xblive friends have had "resets" done on Gears of Wars 3, dead island and the first borderlands. Support never really helped them at all. Been told we gained the system on borderlands 2 because we played it for over 200 hours in just under 4 months of it's release. Can we help that we got really good at working together and were mostly jobless at the time?

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is it, cloud saving? That's kind of bullshit that that was done to you, man. People can play for as long as they want.

At least on my Steam version I can back up my saves. :P

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have yet to use cloud saving. The weird thing is, I still have all my cash, special cash, weapons, relics ect and my levels are still at 50. I just have to redo the story and side missions. Even my badass points are still intact.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I've never heard of a game company resetting your private saves. Ever.

I never did understand the need for Etech weapons. I've never used them. They seem pointless and weak to be honest.

But still. I already spent 100 eridium on buying ammo for my rocket launcher and ammo for my SMG. Definitely weird with them being pink.
E-tech weapons can be powerful if you find the right varieties.

But most of them use double ammo, so I don't bother.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
More ammo and backpack slots are nice. I don't really need the third playthrough coz I haven't even finished the second.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr