Borderlands 2 Gameplay Video Leaked

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by luke_c, Sep 4, 2011.

Sep 4, 2011
  1. luke_c
    OP

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    [youtube]ENyvxX_Eots[/youtube]​
    update: New video as the other was taken down, thanks to Martin for the new one

A 14 minute gameplay video of the recently announced Borderlands 2 has been leaked onto the internet. The video goes through the mission 'A Dam Fine Resource', where it seems the player must attempt to fix a broken dam. Borderlands 2 is expected to be released between April 2012 and March 2013.[/p]
    [​IMG] Source

2. ShawnTRods

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Well, it does look pretty interesting and I am looking forward to it [​IMG].
    However, the graphics.. is it just me or it looks more "cartoonish" than before?

3. clonesniper666

Member clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

United States
    That looks so great and with the new guns I think this may better so much better than the first game. Hope it comes out next year ,early around May hopefully.

4. stanleyopar2000

Member stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

United States
    pffftt...this is probably the "Demo" that they say won't be 'available" to the public.

hope a demo / beta gets leaked like Deus EX HR. Without that. I wouldn't have bought it. Money comes too hard to buy a game that you're not satisfied with (with Borderlands though...you can't go wrong. [​IMG] but still..they should give us the option)

companies need to stop being asshats and go back to releasing demonstration versions of their product so we can see if we like it..not take a gamble.

On Topic - The reloading of that gun looks exactly the same as reloading the RPD in Modern Warfare 2..probably the same type of gun..so I won't judge

5. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    Looks great.
    I still owe myself the first one.

6. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    It's a belt fed machine gun or something. You can't just change up the animation so it doesn't look like every other animation.

Borderlands was spectacular and this looks a lot like the original, which is good. Most of the changes look to be under the hood (characters, abilities, RPG aspects), which should keep the core shooting the same or similar.

This is probably a day one purchase from me.

Also, April 2012 to March 2013 seems like a pretty broad window to me...

7. stanleyopar2000

United States
    Haven't played the first one..

I got more into fallout 3...(stuck on Mothership Zeta..can't find that Hun's sword [​IMG])

did I make a mistake I wonder.....

8. Chhotu uttam

Member Chhotu uttam DOH HO HO HO

India
    With more guns and maps,this is gonna be FUN ! [​IMG]

9. Guild McCommunist

United States
    Well Fallout 3 was also fun so it's not like it was a huge loss on your end but it's definitely worth playing.

Honestly, if you have a few friends and a good PC, you pirate it and do LAN or something. Apparently the AP is almost nonexistent (that's what my friend said) and you can just set up LAN via Hamachi or something.

Otherwise, Borderlands GotY is like $30 almost everywhere and there's a sale on OnLive currently for Labor Day.

10. stanleyopar2000

United States

Off Topic Response - But..do you mean you can co-op in the single player world??

11. luke_c
    OP

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    There is no multiplayer world. You can play singleplayer or the singleplayer story with friends. There's one 'world'.

12. Guild McCommunist

United States
    Co-op is the single player, they just scale the enemies and difficulty according to the amount of people you're playing with. It's basically a standard loot game (kinda like Diablo) where you can play single player or co-op in the same world, difference being that it's also a first person shooter.

The game is definitely more playable with friends but I've played through it once solo and I'm about halfway done with a second solo playthrough. I'd estimate each playthrough is around 20 hours with all the sidequests (which I always do).

13. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yeah, the Solo and Co-op games don't really differ in the over-all way of playing, but co-op is generally a bit more varied and fun as it effects not only how you deal with enemies differently, but also ups the enemies and loot around you. It's just another way of playing the same game. It's pretty solid.

14. M[u]ddy

Member M[u]ddy GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    That's the Gamescom demonstration.
    I was attending one of them.
    I'm not a big fan of first person shooters, but that game looks quite good.

15. jamesaa

Member jamesaa The Prince of Insufficient Light

United Kingdom
    I've been playing through the original game in anticipation for this [​IMG]

Completed on my 360 soon after it came out, and am now playing through on my laptop with all the DLC.

16. Scott-105

Member Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    Wow. This looks awesome. I'm quite excited for it.

17. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Still one of the best games in recent years with far too much content to be enjoyed alone. Personally, I will be getting this on release day and playing the living crap out of it. I found the original was one of the most enjoyable shooters in a long long time and while it's hard to revolutionize the FPS genre anymore, it's good to see that Gearbox is taking what made the original game great and improving on it. The AI was for sure an area that needed work and the art work this time around does look a lot nicer, though I hope they smooth out the textures. Also we need more enemies and the fact that even the old ones are more tactical means that you won't be able to just blow through and kill everything easily, I hope some strategy and skill is required for solo play.

Very much looking forward to this game, a few fixes here and there and you will have a Game of the Year title for sure. I hope there is some bridge DLC coming to tie us over until Borderlands 2 is out as I am almost finished all of the extra content.

18. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    Did anyone else notice that Nomad sounds exactly like the Pharaoh from Yu-Gi-Oh?
    2:25 It's time! To d-d-d-d-dddddduel!

19. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Urge to purchase... rising...

20. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    The video in the original post was removed by Take 2 Games, someone else re-uploaded it at the video link below:

[youtube]ENyvxX_Eots[/youtube]