ROM Hack RELEASE Borderlands 2: Game of the Year Edition 60FPS mod

Kirby567fan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
reverseNX works awesome for this playing docked, pretty much locked at 60fps!

too bad textures look like crap in handheld mode on large monitor. Probably asking too much for a mod to drop res to 720p in docked but keep textures where they are... :wink:
Wish there was a way to edit/lower textures and resolution to play in handheld/portable :):D
The thing about this game is that it uses lower res textures but the art style makes up for it, its not the switch version fault. The reason why textures look worse at lower resolutions is because of no anisotropic filtering, which makes it use bilinear or trilinear filering which varies in quality depending on the resolution, its the same as most early Nintendo games on switch like MK8DX and BOTW.
If you want settings files to add AF you need to use this: https://github.com/bogsen/XComAndroidTools/releases.
Drag your Coalesced_XXX.bin onto Coalescer.exe, where XXX stands for the language your switch uses (INT is for English). It will give you a Coalesced_XXX folder whit setting files and other stuff related to localization, once you finish editting drag the folder into Coalescer.exe again and it will repack it with the same name.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Another thing if i can ask. Is there in these bl2 config files a way to reduce resolution / texture details? Thanks
Refer to what I wrote in the previous reply, also a lot of settings dont work so the best thing you could do to save performance is disable dynamic shadows using the setting file Switch-WillowEngine.ini which also has practically all graphics settings.
Im basing this on the way BL1 handles GFX settings but it should also work for BL2

Last edited by Kirby567fan,
Reactions: calaveragtafallout
D

Deleted User

Drag your Coalesced_XXX.bin onto Coalescer.exe, where XXX stands for the language your switch uses (INT is for English). It will give you a Coalesced_XXX folder whit setting files and other stuff related to localization, once you finish editting drag the folder into Coalescer.exe again and it will repack it with the same name.
Man, that is WAY beyond my paygrade but I really appreciate the explanation! I'll stick with the muddy textures and 60fps :D

Kirby567fan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Is there any way to remove the outlines in the Switch version? Game looks much better without it.
Do what I said here:
If you want the setting files you need to use this: https://github.com/bogsen/XComAndroidTools/releases.
Drag your Coalesced_XXX.bin onto Coalescer.exe, where XXX stands for the language your switch uses (INT is for English). It will give you a Coalesced_XXX folder with setting files and other stuff related to localization, once you finish editing drag the folder into Coalescer.exe again and it will repack it with the same name.
And apply the changes written here to WillowEngine.ini https://www.reddit.com/r/Borderlands/comments/bd1ooj/how_to_disable_cell_shading_black_outlines/.

Last edited by Kirby567fan,
Reactions: cucholix

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Is there any way to remove the outlines in the Switch version? Game looks much better without it.
Outline removed
With outline
C4B5EBE4-A566-4BFC-8000-AD75CDF45CCF.jpeg

Without outline
3790D8C6-4E7C-41A3-90FE-68ECDA5240DF.jpeg

Attachments

• 010096F00FF22000.rar
    810.6 KB · Views: 233
Last edited by cucholix,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Sup nerds