Borat fans !!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Icarus, Mar 16, 2007.

Mar 16, 2007

Borat fans !! by Icarus at 6:04 PM (3,169 Views / 0 Likes) 44 replies

1. Icarus
    OP

Member Icarus fire walk with me

United States
    Are there any Borat fans here ? I think most people don't really find him funny, but I think he's hillarious. When I was watching the movie, I thought most of the things in the movie was acted but then I've read on the Wikipedia that except for a few scenes(like the Pamela scenes), nothing is scripted. I really respect Sacha Baron Cohen's work, you won't many actors that shows their penis on silver screen.

2. CJL18

Member CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i think that movie was overrated...it was funny but not as funny as everyone was making it out ot be imo

3. Teun

Member Teun GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    NOT

4. Azimuth

Member Azimuth Chicken Teriyaki Boy!

Canada
    i loved borat, have all his dvds(including the british seasons), but after the movie i felt kinda alienated as a fan. Now theres nothing special about him anymore and i doubt he can ever do a borat skit again

5. Icarus
    OP

United States
    Exactly, he took a big risk by making that movie and now everyone knows him..

6. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    I saw the movie with a friend of mine who laughed her butt off. There were a few spots that were really funny, and overall it was worth the $1.50 I paid to get in. Some parts were just too stupid or uncomfortable for me to give it a complete thumbs up. Some reviewers consider him a genius, but I just don't see it. Looks more like a rehash of Yakov Smirnoff to me. To each his own I guess.

7. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    I never laughed so much at a movie!! [​IMG]

8. Perplexer

Member Perplexer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Borat the movie was a bit of a letdown; his skits were better in the Ali G show. And I prefer Sacha Baron Cohen as Ali G...

9. fischju_original

Banned fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

United States
    Everybody that realized it was a satire, raise their hands

10. Edster

Member Edster GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ali G is very funny but Indahouse was a total let down. Let's hope the next film Bruno is good.

Borat was by far the funniest movie I have ever seen. At the theatre everyone was hysterical. My sides were splitting from laughing so hard.

This movie just shows how stupid and ignorant people are and man is it funny.

Pure comic genius. Not like the crap Wil Farrel puts out. I tried watching that Ricky Bobby crap, couldn't get past 20 min. There hasn't been a film in a long time that made me laugh like this. As gross as the nude wrestling scene was, I was on the floor. Only Borat could come back to a dinner table with a bag of shit in his hand.

11. Sc4rFac3d

Member Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    Ya I agree, Ali G is awesome. There's not a single interview that I didn't laugh my ass off on. [​IMG]

12. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    Borat was hilarious, one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I can't pick out any parts that made me laugh the most, because I was cracking up the whole time (well, except for that one point when his partner leaves and Borat gets really depressed and stuff). I want to go buy the DVD since it has extra scenes, but I have no moneys D:.

Uh, Will Farrel is hilarious, Ricky Bobby is also one of the funniest movies that I have ever seen. The scene where the family is saying grace is hilarious. It has Sasha Baron Cohen in it as well, which makes it even better.

13. Azimuth

Canada
    i honestly think bruno is the funniest of the three. His flamboyant gayness and his hitler-like qualities are just hilarious.

14. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    "VASSUP. I'M FROM THE GAYEST STATE IN ALL OF AMERICA. THAT'S RIGHT. ALABAMA"

I'm surprised he didn't get lynched... well actually he was close to getting shot according to as newspaper I read years ago where he asked a skinhead Nazi, "what skin moisturiser do you use?" and the skinhead pulled out a gun. Anyways, Bruno will be the last character Sacha will use and then he has to create new characters... or just retire.

15. WeaponXxX

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    I never got into the show cause nobody ever explained what it was...flipping through channels I see this wannabe rapper....thought it was dumb....then after Borat somebody brought me the DVDs....fucking genius....season 1 disc 2 is by far the funniest shit cause the Ali G character takes down some major people like Raph Nader, James Lipton, Buzz Aldrin and the Hair guy Jonathan....anyway...the improv is amazing and he is a very quick thinker to keep the show rolling and the guest talking. The movie had some great deleted scenes well worth watching as well. Thats about all I got to say...

16. 111111111

Member 111111111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Zimbabwe
    So, everyone raises their hands then? I doubt there is a person watching who didn't realise..

17. Perplexer

Member Perplexer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Oh no! Borat is not for realz? [​IMG]

And Bruno was awesome when he interviewed those frat boys at spring break!!

(LOL! I found it! HERE)

18. Icarus
    OP

United States
    The guy's face is priceless when Bruno says Gay TV [​IMG]

19. Azimuth

Canada
    if i had shown my bare butt cheeks on austrian gay tv i would be pissed too [​IMG]

20. fischju_original

Banned fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

United States

You'd be suprised