Homebrew RELEASE BootSoundNX - Boot Sound On Nintendo Switch !

Swiminaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
yeah.
all my bootsounds are (more or less) 10seconds long. i have no problems, no stutter,no shutter, nothing. works like before :D

May you wanna test my sound on your console? if so, then i maybe know ,why you have some kind of stutters or lags with your sounds^^ -> zippy

Attachments

• Bs-info.png
    Bs-info.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 159
Last edited by Swiminaha,

Fgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah.
all my bootsounds are (more or less) 10seconds long. i have no problems, no stutter,no shutter, nothing. works like before :D

May you wanna test my sound on your console? if so, then i maybe know ,why you have some kind of stutters or lags with your sounds^^ -> zippy

Yep it happens with every single .mp3, a few seconds then a brief cut out and then the sound resumes. I never had the issue with the old version. If it works for you I have no idea what the cause is, I disabled every single sysmodule for good measure. I'm using atmosphere 0.19.3 with the latest firmware and I have no issues with sound or any other homebrew. Let's see if anyone else has the issue.

Swiminaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
funny missunderstanding anyway.. im not using any sysmodule, the file is just a atmos contents (flag) folder and the "config" file with the soundfile in it.. [a maybe rly dump question: what is a sysmodule?]

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Yep it happens with every single .mp3, a few seconds then a brief cut out and then the sound resumes. I never had the issue with the old version. If it works for you I have no idea what the cause is, I disabled every single sysmodule for good measure. I'm using atmosphere 0.19.3 with the latest firmware and I have no issues with sound or any other homebrew. Let's see if anyone else has the issue.
I have my final Maths exam soon but if you can figure out why it does that I'll try fixing it next week.
funny missunderstanding anyway.. im not using any sysmodule, the file is just a atmos contents (flag) folder and the "config" file with the soundfile in it.. [a maybe rly dump question: what is a sysmodule?]
A sysmodule is just a program that runs in the background of the Switch OS. Things like Emuiibo, sys-clk, and BootSoundNX. They aren't exclusively limited to homebrew, Nintendo uses sysmodules too. Basically anything running on your Switch that doesn't have a menu on screen is a sys-module. I'm sure there's a more precise explanation than that but that's the easiest way to understand it I think.

Reactions: Fgamer

Swiminaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
A sysmodule is just a program that runs in the background of the Switch OS. Things like Emuiibo, sys-clk, and BootSoundNX. They aren't exclusively limited to homebrew, Nintendo uses sysmodules too. Basically anything running on your Switch that doesn't have a menu on screen is a sys-module. I'm sure there's a more precise explanation than that but that's the easiest way to understand it I think.

don't be mad at me^^, i never knew the difference as long as it worked

Reactions: CompSciOrBust
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North

Attachments

• SlideNX hacky build.zip
    273.5 KB · Views: 215

ednarg80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Source code is available on GitHub. Here's a build I just made with the latest LibNX. Haven't tested it. If it's anything more complicated than just rebuilding it then I don't have time to mess with it right now. I did have to stub something out in utils.c but it seems to just be a function to call fatal so hopefully it won't be important.
work on 0.19.4?

TonyNESgri

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi 👋🏼

Someone told me that I can use music for the boot splash on my N3DS with BootSoundNX. Is that true ? If so, how to do that ?

• Haha
Reactions: chronoss

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back