trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would take out the bootstrap code, because it uses the header from Rom which is a copyright infringement. No copyright violation nor linking to copyright material is allowed in gbatemp.

bitonio6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
trumpet-205 said:
I would take out the bootstrap code, because it uses the header from Rom which is a copyright infringement. No copyright violation nor linking to copyright material is allowed in gbatemp.
So... ?!
rolleyes.gif

How they work all the other flashcard for you???

It is exactly the same thing for ALL flashcard DSi compatible!!!

The firmware contains a signature from a DS game
lecture.gif

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
how come the official download says v3 requires a rom (specifically, 0583 - Shikakui Atama wo Maruku Suru DS Joushiki Nanmon no Shou (J) ) and yours doesn't? how come?

second, your instructions on the post assumes that the user is aware of the next step or have previously flashed an iEDGE bootstrap.

third, i can't read fleurspeak. maybe somebody can help with that readme? si vous plait. merci!

EDIT: oh yeah, and can you just update the bootstrap on an existing iEDGE 1.11 microSD, or do we need to start from scratch (fresh format)? again, thanks.
EDIT2: nevermind, answered my own question. apparently, yes, you can just update the microSD that and it'll flash your iEDGE. good thing my DSiXL's firmware hasn't been updated, but will soon.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ferofax said:
how come the official download says v3 requires a rom (specifically, 0583 - Shikakui Atama wo Maruku Suru DS Joushiki Nanmon no Shou (J) ) and yours doesn't? how come?

because bitonio6 uploaded the bootstrapper with the necessary header parts embedded (the stuff the tool usually extracts from the required rom).
although it might be more convenient this way, it may well be illegal (even though its just meta data, it's still part of the work).

therefore it could also be a forum rules violation to post it here (albeit a realy slim one).

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol, i was also wondering. You do need the rom right? To update the iEdge to work with 1.4.1? Cuz in bitonio6's tut, it does not say anything about using that rom, and dont u need it to update the iEdge?

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
haddad said:
lol, i was also wondering. You do need the rom right? To update the iEdge to work with 1.4.1? Cuz in bitonio6's tut, it does not say anything about using that rom, and dont u need it to update the iEdge?

you will need the specific rom if you use the vanilla bootstrap tool from the edge page, but it's possible to instruct the bootstrapper to create a copy of itself with the required stuff from the rom included (embedded, done by using "EdgeBootUpdate.exe -e "rom.nds"", as mentioned under "Additional Information" in the iEDGE manual).

bitonio6's pack includes this pre-embedded bootstrapper, thus copyright protected material (at least according to EU based national copyright law), which on one hand saves everyone who uses it the hassle to buy and dump the required rom themselves (*nudge nudge*), on the other hand might get him in some legal trouble (although i've to admit that i haven't read the Swiss URG yet).

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bkifft said:
haddad said:

you will need the specific rom if you use the vanilla bootstrap tool from the edge page, but it's possible to instruct the bootstrapper to create a copy of itself with the required stuff from the rom included (embedded, done by using "EdgeBootUpdate.exe -e "rom.nds"", as mentioned under "Additional Information" in the iEDGE manual).

bitonio6's pack includes this pre-embedded bootstrapper, thus copyright protected material (at least according to EU based national copyright law), which on one hand saves everyone who uses it the hassle to buy and dump the required rom themselves (*nudge nudge*), on the other hand might get him in some legal trouble (although i've to admit that i haven't read the Swiss URG yet).

In the bootstrapper program, what are u are suppose to load for a rom file, what do u load instead? Or do u leave it blank? And when u put the iedge card into ur dsi, u dont just wait? do u actually click on the icon?

bitonio6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
haddad said:
Why it is necessary to use a mirror ?!
The liker i gave is free, direct and no publicity or time to wait!!!

People, please, use your brain sometime,
about the bootstrap, yes it use something from a DS game,
every people know that!!!

And all other flashcard use the same tricks against firmware from nintendo for DSi/DSi XL

So dont ask anymore about that, just use the pack and it will work fine!

gadget

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fed up with this...I mean I've tried all of the above and I cannot get this update to work. I do all of the above with the pack and without. I've tried everything and when I place it in the system I get the Error has occurred sign. I'm seriously done with iedge. I've hit my limit and this is damn impossible on my dsi/xl system at this point.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
gadget said:
I'm fed up with this...I mean I've tried all of the above and I cannot get this update to work. I do all of the above with the pack and without. I've tried everything and when I place it in the system I get the Error has occurred sign. I'm seriously done with iedge. I've hit my limit and this is damn impossible on my dsi/xl system at this point.

you're probably updating a currently blocked iEDGE, meaning your DSi is updated and you tried to run your iEDGE on it. won't work like that. unfortunately for you, you'll have to use a DS/lite or DSi that hasn't been updated yet (1.4). i guess Nintendo's firmware update is too tough to crack, so they circumvent it instead.

gadget

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferofax said:
gadget said:

you're probably updating a currently blocked iEDGE, meaning your DSi is updated and you tried to run your iEDGE on it. won't work like that. unfortunately for you, you'll have to use a DS/lite or DSi that hasn't been updated yet (1.4). i guess Nintendo's firmware update is too tough to crack, so they circumvent it instead.

Ahhhhhh......I seee. Dagnabit. So if I set it up on a DS lite will it work in my ds xl? Or is it now permanently blocked? Or Will getting a New iEdge fix that just completely? What is your advice for me?

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nobody answerd my question -_- what do u put for "rom" when you load the program, do u leave it blank?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8