SilverJWii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello i'm new to this fourm and wii hacking
my wii is verison 3.3 and i have installed the hbc. and i updated hbc and it asked me to install dvdx and bootmii so i did.
i heard that bootmii can back up your wii files so if your wii bricks it can restore it. i only installed the boot2 option and i'm wonder what the differences is between boot2 and ios and how i can back up my wii.

thnx for answering

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Boot2 is the good version that provides you with 100% brick protection if you make a nand backup with it.

You need an SD card with at least about 540ish mb left on it and then boot your Wii up and the bootmii screen should come up.

Then you need to use a GC controller to control the menu or the power button to go right and reset button to select on the system itself.

Select the 4th icon and then the first icon on the next screen and follow the prompts to have it backup your Wii's NAND and let it completely finish verifying it as well. Once you have that you can copy the nand.bin file it makes on your card over to your pc to back it up.

Then if you ever do brick yourself you can still boot up the bootmii menu and click the icon right next to the one you clicked on to back it up and restore your Wii to the state it was when you made that backup.

The difference between boot2 and the IOS version is that the IOS version won't protect you from bricks because it can only be loaded from the HBC and not on startup of the Wii, but not all Wii's can install boot2 as the exploit it uses was fixed in more recent Wii's beyond like mid 2008.

SilverJWii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thnx for answering my question

i also heard of something called preloader and starfall that also prevent bricks, how are they different and do i need it?

i wanna install the back up loader to play back up games, is there anything i should do, i have the back up loader gamma 0.3 but i didn't install the cIOS yet. what does the cIOS do and is there anything else i need to know

my wii is version is verison 3.3U and i was wondering if i need to downgrade or anything to 3.2

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
starfall is obsolete,

preloader wont stop bricks, but it can help you recover from most.
as long as you dont overwrite or delete the system-menu ios and as long as you installed the hbc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs