Hacking bootmii

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i did something stupid but i'm not sure.since i only had one sd card i put bootmii and other apps and files in the same sd card.well i have another its an 8GB kingston micro sd class 4 but i'm using my 2GB micro sd the only one that supports hbc and probably bootmii.i needed to delete stuff to have room to put a movie in to watch on mplayer ce.i deleted my nand backup by mistake yeah i went to backup my wii again but this time around all bootmii said for a half hour checking sd card.yeah i know my nand backup is back on my my sd card but i'm forced to power off wii to check because its always checking my sd card.if i wanted because i tried all i had to do is power off the wii in a minute and the 500 something mb would be backed up again.here is the problem i go to restoremii it says everything is ok but the last line i read is saying this dump is not for this wii well something like that.i guess i might have to wait to another version of bootmii is out.

can someone try something for me i need someone to brick their wii using CIOS60BF.wad uninstall and install it.i want to know if restoremii could fix that brick.i tried and it didn't work i had to use preloader i thought nand backup suppose to fix any brick but i guess its just if you uninstall the system menu or something but i don't know because i deleted my first backup which was the only time i seen the process of the wii being backed up.if bootmii cannot fix the bricked wii than their should be nothing wrong with my backup i made again.iright now i do not want to delete my system menu to test bootmii.

Nueb35

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the nand backup can fix any brick, as long as you backed up before the birck, and you can access bootmii.

rainbowvcd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: How many MB for bootmii backup file?
unsure.gif

c039

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I'm willing to try on my wii and share the result.
Can I have the nand.bin file which is not working for you?
Just upload it to Megaupload.com or any other online storage service and tell me the link.

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
c039 said:
I'm willing to try on my wii and share the result.
Can I have the nand.bin file which is not working for you?
Just upload it to Megaupload.com or any other online storage service and tell me the link.

alright i'll do that but did anyone try bricking their wii with the CIOS60BF.wad and seeing if nand backup fixed it.like i said i had to use preloader to fix that problem nand backup didn't work for me.all you have to do is uninstall and install the wad well thats what i did.

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kLiNiKaL said:
you cant install someone else NAND backup on your Wii it doesnt work like that, it gonna hit uber brick if it lets you do it at all...

ok than forget uploading my nand if that is how it really works but i might still upload it for myself.

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
correct , u cant use someone elses nand back up , if u dont brick u may get probs with the wii's functions.

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since i guess no one is willing to brick their wii with a wad can you answer me this one question.

when you go to restoremii and restore a fixed wii does bootmii tell you everything is good but the last thing it says is dump is for a different wii i just checked again now so i could tell everyone what i'm seeing.you know this means if i am to get fully bricked i can't save my wii for nothing but bootmii is installed on my boot2 and cios that is like the only postive thing about this whole thing i guess.

is this something i would have to report to team twizzer as a bug after all this is beta1.

cad244

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ozz465 said:
correct , u cant use someone elses nand back up , if u dont brick u may get probs with the wii's functions.
Partially incorrect; you can use someone elses nand backup, with an Infectus2, to flash the blocks 1 to 7. Those are the blocks that contain Bootmii, and are not encrypted by the ECC key. Everything after that, including system menu, IOSes, are encrypted with that key.
If you try to use Bootmii to flash someone elses backup, Bootmii has a built in safety net that prevents you from doing that by checking your console ID against the one in the backup's footer.
If you know the ECC key of your bricked Wii, and you have a nand dump made with Bootmii from a working Wii, you can email Bushing to convert the working dump to your bricked Wii for $10 as a service he's offering on Wiibrew.

@:fst312
Did you change your console ID with Pinkfish? That's what Bootmii checks for as a safety feature.
If you post a link to the wad you bricked with, I could open up and try to see what it killed.
I cant install it though, I've bricked my Wii myself. I've got a nand with Bootmii and an Infectus in mailing, though.
Meanwhile, find a friend with a working Wii, and build Wiigator's cBoot2 on your SD card. It can run Wad Manager from Bootmii.

Kevenater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my friend softmodded my wii the other day and updated it from 2.2u to 4.0u. It has preloader v.29, can I put softmii on it and do a nand backup now or does the nand backup have to be done before preloader is installed or what? I'm afraid of bricking it if I put softmii on before asking. Everything is working fine. playing backups of my games(punchout, madworld and indiana jones) and I can play the nintendo and atari games from my sd card just fine. Don't wanna fix what's not broken, but I'd really like to have a nand backup in case I get brave later on after reading and learning more. thanks

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kevenater said:
my friend softmodded my wii the other day and updated it from 2.2u to 4.0u. It has preloader v.29, can I put softmii on it and do a nand backup now or does the nand backup have to be done before preloader is installed or what? I'm afraid of bricking it if I put softmii on before asking. Everything is working fine. playing backups of my games(punchout, madworld and indiana jones) and I can play the nintendo and atari games from my sd card just fine. Don't wanna fix what's not broken, but I'd really like to have a nand backup in case I get brave later on after reading and learning more. thanks

Softmii =/= Bootmii. Bootmii can be put on at any point in time and has nothing to do with anything else on your Wii. If your Wii was bought before around mid-2008ish it should still have a vulnerable boot1 to install bootmii to boot2. If you can install to boot2 do it now and make a nand backup from where you at now. Then you can take that nand.bin on your sd card and back it up onto your pc. Then you can do whatever you want and when you get what you want at a working state again. You can make another nand backup if you want of that state and basically have two system restore points. You can't have multiple backups on one sd card at a time but you can keep moving them to your pc and make new ones as much as you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs