Hacking bootmii trouble

og style

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Bootmii install as boot 2 and it has been working fine. I went to load up bootmii so I can get my key and it will not load. I have a memory card I have set up for it with a nand backup on it. It has worked fine in the past. The only thing I have done is that I have install ios's to try to get my camera to work with Your Shape. I can load up hackmii and see that it is installed and even the Homebrew channel give me the option to load up bootmii. Does anyone have any idea why it is doing this?

Thanks

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe a configuration error. Make sure a bootmii.ini is in the bootmii folder on your sd card first. Open the file and look if AUTOBOOT is set to SYSMENU. If yes, set it to OFF and save the file. When you are starting the wii with sd card you should see bootmii now. You can also reinstall bootmii if it still doesn't work.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the Bootmii folder on the root of the SD card with the armboot.bin, bootmini.ini and pcpboot.elf files in it? If not download the hackmii installer, rename it to boot.dol and launch it via HBC, then under the bootmii options select "Prepare SD card", it will copy thoes files to your SD. Exit out of that then launch Bootmii.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Move the NAND backup to your PC, then try reformatting the SD card.

After that, run hackmii installer and choose Bootmii->Prepare SD Card to recreate the bootmii files.

og style

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have all the folders and I have ran the prepair on 2 different memory cards. Here is what my cfg look like

# BootMii config file

# Video mode, possible settings:
# NTSC, PAL50, PAL60, PROGRESSIVE
VIDEO=PROGRESSIVE

# Autoboot, possible settings:
# SYSMENU, HBC
#AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU

# Autoboot delay, in seconds:
# Default is 5
#BOOTDELAY=5

og style

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried to use the BootMii Configuration Editor and it made no difference. I can change it from system menu to hbc and it does that but it won't give me the bootmii screen.

I just installed it as a ios and it still made no difference.

Bootmii will also not let me uninstall the ios install.

Hyrule2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think its SD Card relatet.
I had the same Problem with my Sd Card, i bought a new SD card from Sandisk and now all works fine.

og style

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using the same memory card with out any trouble I tried a few different ones with differend sd adapters and I even tried the usb and still no luck.

og style

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sware to you guy that I did not change any ios or anything on my wii. I left it off all night and turned it on just now and both memory cards that I prepared are now loading bootmii. I am doing a nand restore now.

Thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup