Bootmii recovery - error reading from sector

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mr deez, Jul 18, 2009.

Jul 18, 2009
  1. mr deez
    OP

Member mr deez GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Just doing a dummy recovery on Bootmii, but halfway through I'm getting 'error reading from sector' problems so the restore cannot complete..

Is this because of my SD card? The error is always at a different sector number so I don't think it's corrupted, just maybe incompatoble? It's a micro SD in an adaptor..

Can't be bothered to but a new card but was hoping that if I bricked could just copy my nand dumo to a different card and restore from there...

2. olliepop2000

Member olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    That sounds like an SD card problem. Sometimes those adapters can cause problems.

3. WalkerOfTheDay

Member WalkerOfTheDay GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    That's a really silly comment IMHO. Don't you want some good safety ?? If you brick and you NAND backup is corrupted, you're totally screwed ! You realise this don't you ?? Just buy a new card man, they're really cheap nowadays.

Do you at least have preloader installed ?

Edit:

If your nand backup doesn't work on you current card, changes are high that you might run into problems trying to make a copy of it onto an new card.

I wouldn't risk it...

4. mr deez
    OP

Member mr deez GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Nah, no preloader.. but I don't do a great deal of stuff thats ever likely to get me bricked, so yeah I'm pretty blase about it...

Only run my region games
    Wiikey so no soft mod apps being installed
    up to 4.1 via official N update
    Barely ever install wads

Sure I'll be fine!