Hacking Bootmii recovery - error reading from sector

mr deez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just doing a dummy recovery on Bootmii, but halfway through I'm getting 'error reading from sector' problems so the restore cannot complete..

Is this because of my SD card? The error is always at a different sector number so I don't think it's corrupted, just maybe incompatoble? It's a micro SD in an adaptor..

Can't be bothered to but a new card but was hoping that if I bricked could just copy my nand dumo to a different card and restore from there...

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mr deez said:
Can't be bothered to but a new card but was hoping that if I bricked could just copy my nand dumo to a different card and restore from there...

That's a really silly comment IMHO. Don't you want some good safety ?? If you brick and you NAND backup is corrupted, you're totally screwed ! You realise this don't you ?? Just buy a new card man, they're really cheap nowadays.

Do you at least have preloader installed ?

Edit:

If your nand backup doesn't work on you current card, changes are high that you might run into problems trying to make a copy of it onto an new card.

I wouldn't risk it...

mr deez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, no preloader.. but I don't do a great deal of stuff thats ever likely to get me bricked, so yeah I'm pretty blase about it...

Only run my region games
Wiikey so no soft mod apps being installed
up to 4.1 via official N update
Barely ever install wads

Sure I'll be fine!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol