Bootmii question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sdspieg, Aug 17, 2009.

Aug 17, 2009

Bootmii question by sdspieg at 11:54 AM (421 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. sdspieg
    OP

Newcomer sdspieg Newbie

United States
    I have Bootmii installed and working fine on a smaller SD-card (256M) that obviously cannot contain a backup of the NAND. I do have a backup of the NAND of my then still virgin Wii on a hard drive of my PC. I now also have a larger SD card (2 gig) which I use for daily use, and which has all of my homebrew stuff on it. I did try to install Bootmii on that one too, but whenever I try to boot my Wii from it, the normal system menu always comes up and NOT the Bootmii menu (despite the fact that I can see the bootmii files on the SD card). Can anybody please tell me whether there is a way to put everyhing on the larger SD card (what I have now, a FUNCTIONING bootmii, AND the backup of the NAND)? Thanks in advance,

-Stephan

2. HiBit

Member HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Bootmii didn't work with all sd cards.

You can only try to reformat the sd card with the panasonic sd card formatter and it didn't help you should try another card.

3. sdspieg
    OP

Newcomer sdspieg Newbie

United States
    Thanks. I'll try. And there is nothing I can do wrong by putting files that were created in different sessions on one SD-card (I thought I read somewhere one shouldn't do this)?

-Stephan