Homebrew BootMii not installing

shyguyking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii that was refurbished by GameStop. I tried installing BootMii using letterbomb; I inputted the mac address and put the correct version (4.3U). When I tried installing it, it said that there was something wrong. I then tried installing the hackless version of project m (as that is why I'm trying to install homebrew) but even that didn't work. Am I doing anything wrong? Is there anything I can do to fix the problem?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
If you can at least access the homebrew menu, rum PimpMyWii (latest version) and do the full automated installation. After that, try installing bootmii again. What's the first 4 letters of the serial btw? I think any Wii with a serial beginning with: LU64 and up is troublesome.

I refurbish Wii systems and softmod them to resell, so I only stick to LU63 and below. No issues.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If you can at least access the homebrew menu, rum PimpMyWii (latest version) and do the full automated installation. After that, try installing bootmii again. What's the first 4 letters of the serial btw? I think any Wii with a serial beginning with: LU64 and up is troublesome.

I refurbish Wii systems and softmod them to resell, so I only stick to LU63 and below. No issues.
LU64 hasn't been a problem for the better part of a decade, and PimpMyWii is usually recommended against because of an abnormally high rate of bricking...

If hackless PM isn't working either, it's probably your SD card that's the issue. Is it formatted to FAT16? (It just appears as FAT in Windows iirc)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
LU64 hasn't been a problem for the better part of a decade, and PimpMyWii is usually recommended against because of an abnormally high rate of bricking...

If hackless PM isn't working either, it's probably your SD card that's the issue. Is it formatted to FAT16? (It just appears as FAT in Windows iirc)
People that brick using PimpMyWii are doing something wrong, or have an unstable internet connection. It has checks in place, and I have never bricked a single Wii out of the 50+ I have modded using it. Nobody else has a wii-side "modmii" alternative either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.