Bootmii - No signal no matter the output setting

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by krazykipa, Jun 11, 2010.

Jun 11, 2010
  1. krazykipa
    OP

Newcomer krazykipa Newbie

Canada
    Hey all, I've been browsing this awesome site for a long time and I've only now registered because I've searched everywhere and am finally stumped.

I've recently gotten a boot2 vulnerable Wii for the purpose of using Bootmii, as my other Wii was the newer LU64. I updated officially to 4.2U, and successfully installed HBC and DVDx. The trouble comes with my Bootmii install.

It apparently installed successfully to boot2, but no matter what settings I give in bootmii.ini on my SD card, there is never any video output when the Wii boots. With the prepared SD card inserted, I get "No signal" on my TV, but after several seconds (it seems a bit longer than the autoboot value in bootmii.ini) I get the health screen. So basically I cannot access the Bootmii menu. Without the SD card in the Wii, it boots directly to the health screen just fine, and everything else works normal (homebrew etc.) I've tried both component and regular A/V cables as well as using NTSC and Progressive video options in the .ini

I should also mention that once I couldn't get it working as boot2, I installed Bootmii as an IOS just to see if it could run at all. After launching it from the HBC, it runs just fine! I can make NAND backups and everything, but this is something I could already do on my other Wii, defeating the purpose of a boot2 install.

To recap what I've tried so far: different cables, different video modes in bootmii.ini, formatting SD card and doing a clean "prepare this SD card" in Hackmii installer.

Does anybody know what the hell could possibly be wrong with my Wii? Any and all help is appreciated!

2. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I think the standard answer will be:- Try another SD Card.

3. krazykipa
    OP

Newcomer krazykipa Newbie

Canada
    I want to smack myself, because I spent 2 days trying to figure this out, and a different SD card worked.

I actually chose a 2GB Rocketfish 155x card over a 4GB SanDisk SDHC I had, because I had heard of SDHC issues in a lot of Wii apps. Now using the 4GB boots to the menu just fine. *sigh*.

Thanks for your help though. What can I expect to not work with SDHC, or have most compatibility issues been fixed?

4. Kryptical

Member Kryptical GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    4.2U has SDHC compatibility.

5. WiiThoko

Member WiiThoko GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Some homebrew may not work though when using an SDHC.

6. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    use one of these, they work everytime and pretty cheap, 10 bucks or something like that
    [​IMG]

7. Kryptical

Member Kryptical GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Yea, I went on ebay and I bought one for my parents GPS for about $8 US.

8. BBking83

Member BBking83 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    SD cards also have classes. My 4G class 6 doesn't work with BootMii. But yeah, BootMii tends to like