BootMii menu not working?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Vegeta, May 22, 2009.

May 22, 2009

BootMii menu not working? by Vegeta at 3:19 AM (1,192 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Vegeta
    OP

Member Vegeta GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I want to backup my NAND but I can't browse the BootMii menu once its loaded. I am using the Wiimote.

Is this a known problem?

Also, how can I uninstall BootMii as I installed it as an IOS and after backing up the NAND I want to get rid of it.

2. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    You can only use the gamecube controller or pressing the face buttons on the wii to navigate.

3. ViRGE

Member ViRGE GBAtemp Fan

Note that it has to be a wired controller. For some reason the Wavebird doesn't work.

4. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Also by face buttons on the wii he means the power and reset buttons on the system itself. Power to go right and reset to select I think. And uninstalling it after backing up the NAND would be kinda counterintuitive. (Not to mention there IS no uninstaller for the beta version now so you can't really do it very easily.) Just rename the bootmii folder after you back it up so it won't boot it at the start anymore and then if you do brick you can just name it back to bootmii and you can load it up again to recover.

5. Vegeta
    OP

Member Vegeta GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I tried the power button which did nothing and reset just reset the console [​IMG]

6. ocdetective

Member ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    Look more closely at the screen - on the screen with the 4 icons (in bootmii) - the highlighted icon will move to the one next to it on the right with a single press of the wii power button (its not very obvious in strong daylight). You probably pressed reset when the highlighted icon was on the extreme left icon! If you want to back up you need to get to the tools icon which is the one on the extreme right of the screen.