BootMii menu doesn't load

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cayspekko, May 18, 2009.

May 18, 2009

BootMii menu doesn't load by cayspekko at 4:02 AM (1,229 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. cayspekko
    OP

Newcomer cayspekko Member

United States
    Sorry starting a new thread about this, I hunted around in the bugs.bootmii site and couldn't find anything exactly like this. Maybe I'm just an idiot though.

I installed bootmii as a boot2 and everything worked find it seemed, so I didn't do the IOS part. It created the files on the sd just fine. then after I exitted the program it loaded hbc just fine, but when I tried to exit to sysmenu, nothing, just blackness.

So I'm like, well, no biggy, maybe just needs a restart. So I restarted and nothing, blackness. I had a small heart attack. (I was expecting bootmii to load...) Everytime i reloaded it was acting like it was bricked.

Anyway, I finally tried removing the SD card and it booted just fine to the system menu.

So what gives. Do I have to do the IOS part for it to work. I would hate for it not to work and not even be able to boot without an SD card inserted. Anyway, appriciate the noooob help.

other info:

My wii was already 4.0 hbc installed, as well as dvdx and preloader.
    I've got a transend 133x 2gb sd card, which I didn't format beforehand or anything.

2. Meannekes

Member Meannekes GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    your sd card is the problem ^^

try another one [​IMG]

3. cayspekko
    OP

United States
    Darn SD card, well... too bad I don't have another one... time to visit newegg.

4. cayspekko
    OP

United States
    yeah, i just renamed the bootmii directory and it boots now with the sd card in... except it takes a bit longer than it use too...

5. icefireicefire

Member icefireicefire GBATemp Fails.

United States
    cayspekko: its because of the bad sd card, my bootmii menu takes less than a quarter of a second ( i have an awesome sd card)

6. Shinigami Kiba

Member Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of