BootMii menu doesn't load

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cayspekko, May 18, 2009.

1. cayspekko
    OP

cayspekko Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2008
    United States
    Sorry starting a new thread about this, I hunted around in the bugs.bootmii site and couldn't find anything exactly like this. Maybe I'm just an idiot though.

I installed bootmii as a boot2 and everything worked find it seemed, so I didn't do the IOS part. It created the files on the sd just fine. then after I exitted the program it loaded hbc just fine, but when I tried to exit to sysmenu, nothing, just blackness.

So I'm like, well, no biggy, maybe just needs a restart. So I restarted and nothing, blackness. I had a small heart attack. (I was expecting bootmii to load...) Everytime i reloaded it was acting like it was bricked.

Anyway, I finally tried removing the SD card and it booted just fine to the system menu.

So what gives. Do I have to do the IOS part for it to work. I would hate for it not to work and not even be able to boot without an SD card inserted. Anyway, appriciate the noooob help.

other info:

My wii was already 4.0 hbc installed, as well as dvdx and preloader.
    I've got a transend 133x 2gb sd card, which I didn't format beforehand or anything.

2. Meannekes

Meannekes GBAtemp Regular

Apr 12, 2009
    Gambia, The
    your sd card is the problem ^^

try another one [​IMG]

3. cayspekko
    OP

cayspekko Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2008
    United States
    Darn SD card, well... too bad I don't have another one... time to visit newegg.

4. cayspekko
    OP

cayspekko Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2008
    United States
    yeah, i just renamed the bootmii directory and it boots now with the sd card in... except it takes a bit longer than it use too...

5. icefireicefire

icefireicefire GBATemp Fails.

Dec 19, 2008
    United States
    cayspekko: its because of the bad sd card, my bootmii menu takes less than a quarter of a second ( i have an awesome sd card)

6. Shinigami Kiba

Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2007
    Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice