Hacking Bootmii IOS?

• Thread starter Deleted-171178
  • Start date
  • Views 1,991
  • Replies 11
D

Deleted-171178

OP
I have installed bootmii as an IOS but dont know how to get into it.
Any ideas?

D

Deleted-171178

OP
Got it, tbh, its dissapointing.
I knew I had a patched boot1 but I thought the IOS version would run at boot and support wiimote.
TT, your focus is on the boot2 hack, fail.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course that's the focus. They've always said that the IOS version would be improved later. Also, by its very nature it likely can't boot before the System Menu. It's not "fail" when they went out of their way to give you at least part of the experience that your boot1 denies you.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best Non-Infectus nand backup/restore solution so far.

Give it time, it does what it's supposed to and if you don't want it autobooting to the bootmii menu delete your bootmii folder on SD which can be easily remade via the hackmii installer app and it will load the system menu instead.

I backed up my nand to a 2gb sd card i rarely use with a bootmii folder on it and made a copy to my pc and put it away in case of emergency.

Feels good, man.

netware

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why did you think that??.. as far as i know TT still have not released a System Menu IOS replacement..

check this out..

http://hackmii.com/2009/02/bootmii-and-the-new-boot1/

when discussing about IOS

QUOTE said:
We won’t support them when BootMii first comes out (lest we delay it even further), but one or more of them might come in the future.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
beegee7730 said:
Got it, tbh, its dissapointing.
I knew I had a patched boot1 but I thought the IOS version would run at boot and support wiimote.
TT, your focus is on the boot2 hack, fail.

You got that wrong. BootMii IOS isn't for brick prevention, preloader replacement or nand backups. It's for support of both processors. Until now there are no applications that make use of it, it's a beta, wait for the official release!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
triassic911 said:
beegee7730 said:
I just wish preloader was being continued...
Apparently this will be better than preloader. Hopefully future releases of bootmii will include the system hacks.

Don't compare preloader and bootmii. These are different applications with different aims, only brick prevention is an aim of both.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:

Let's face it, the patched boot1 prevents you from running anything modified before the system menu, what would you expect ? miracles ?
just use preloader if you want control on the system menu boot even if it will be never as powerful as bootmii...
if you want to use bootmii NAND backup feature, just use it as IOS throught the HBC and make Preloader autoboot the HBC, still better than nothing

QUOTETT, your focus is on the boot2 hack, fail.

this is no fail, this is exacltky what bootmii was meant to be

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: