bootmii installation on wii 3.3e

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wim6, Sep 6, 2009.

Sep 6, 2009

bootmii installation on wii 3.3e by wim6 at 7:59 PM (1,053 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. wim6

Member wim6 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2008
    Hi guys,

I want to upgrade and install bootmii on my 3.3e wii, it already contains preloader and cioscorp, since it has bin a time that i have installed anything i just want to be sure that i dont brick my wii..

Is there an offline installation for bootmii and the 4.1e system menu. Because all i have is internet through a lan adapter connected to my wii.. Ive heard that u need wifi to connect to the internet..

A little bit help would be appreciated.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 16, 2009
    United States
    I don't think the hackmii installer requires an internet connection. That's only to run it through the autoupdate through the HBC. You should be able to run the hackmii installer boot.elf fine through the HBC or bannerbomb.

Although you won't be able to run it as is because you have cioscrap. You need to either completely get rid of that by using dop-IOS to install official IOS's over all of them or at least just install an older official version of IOS36.

Also, if you bought your Wii sometime after like mid 2008 or so, you likely won't be able to install bootmii to boot2, and as such won't get any brick protection out of it.

I don't see why a lan adapter wouldn't work for updating though.