Bootmii instalation after homebrew channel installed

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by vt999, Dec 26, 2013.

1. vt999
    OP

vt999 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2013
    United States
    hello, I am new to wii hacking. So I installed the hombrew channel with usbloadergx and wii64 a few days ago, using letterbomb. But I did not understand bootmii completely, and I did not install it. But I want to have bootmii to be safe. How can I install it?

2. brausm08

brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2009
    United States
    USA - Midwest
    if you selected 'Prepare an SD card', you're set with Bootmii/IOS...since bootmii/IOS auto-installs at hackmii installer launch. otherwise, there's a few ways to get back into the hackmii installer.

if you haven't changed the SD card you used to launch letterbomb, it would be easiest to just relaunch it via letterbomb.

you can also place the boot.elf file from the root of the SDcard (or the the boot.elf you downloaded via wilbrand or please.hackmii.com website is the hackmii installer) into a folder directory on the SDcard like this: root:/apps/[anyfoldername]/boot.elf and launch it via the homebrew channel....

install bootmii/boot2 if you can...either way, make a NAND backup. if you can install bootmii/boot2, you'll ultimately want to rename the bootmii folder on the SD card to something else (i use: ~bootmii) or bootmii will load everytime you turn the wii on.

hope this helps.