Hacking bootmii has screwed my wii - please help.

scotty6kids

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have followed one of the guides and it all seems to have gone horrible wrong,

when I switch the wii on I get the bootmii option come up, none of the wii remotes will sync so I am having to use one of my old gamecube controllers. If I try and load the wii system I get a message telling me that the files are corrupted.

I can get into the homebrew channel though,

is there anything that I can do to remove everything off, restore the wii back to the original set up, download and update the system and then start again?

please help - my son is screaming at me for screwing up his wii.

Thanks

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
1) Wiimotes do not work with Bootmii. Its either to use Power, Reset and eject to move or use a GC Controller..
2) Download "Safe updater 4.2" and put it on your SD Card (/apps/safeupdate42/boot.dol) and run it.
This will update your Wii to latest firmware without touching your Boot2, remember to do a NAND backup just incase.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bootmii is showing up because you have the sd card with the bootmii folder on it inside the wii while its being turned on.

If you take the card out before turning on the wii bootmii will not load.

Also if you just rename the bootmii folder to bootmii1 or move it to your computer then it will not load up either.

If your getting a system menu corrupt message it sounds to me like you pre/priiloader is the cause of it.

D

Deleted-171178

Okay, first get a baseball bat or other blunt object and a pillowcase. Cover your sons head with the pillowcase...wait, you want to fix your Wii?
wink.gif

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scotty6kids said:
Hi, I have followed one of the guides and it all seems to have gone horrible wrong,

when I switch the wii on I get the bootmii option come up, none of the wii remotes will sync so I am having to use one of my old gamecube controllers. If I try and load the wii system I get a message telling me that the files are corrupted.

I can get into the homebrew channel though,

is there anything that I can do to remove everything off, restore the wii back to the original set up, download and update the system and then start again?

please help - my son is screaming at me for screwing up his wii.

Thanks
Just rename the sd\bootmii DIR as SD\bootmi_nand and it should boot in SM.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Why are you telling him to goto 4.2? Whether you do it through the safe updater or any other method 4.2 is a bad idea.
What system menu version were you on before you screwed things up?

All you need to do is reinstall the system menu and you should be fine. Do not go up to 4.2. DO NOT remove bootmii. And do not ever play with things like the wii unless you really know what you are doing. Ignorance is what leads people to bricked wii's

Calm down. When people who have no idea what they're doing ask me for help, I tell them to update through Nintendo FIRST because it is the safest way for them to hack thier Wii, believe it or not. Then they can follow one of several guides that walk you through the whole soft modding proccess and, when they are done, use DoP-IOS MOD version 8 or above to install system menu 4.1 if they really must play out of region games from the disc channel.

But region free is the ONLY thing that really gets broken with 4.2 , it's easy to install 4.1 on top of it (but if you're a fan of priiloader you'd need to reinstall that again, with the proper hacks.ini) so why do you insist on bashing people who want to upgrade?

Me personaly... I need region free so I'm using 4.1. But I was using 4.2 for a while.

Blob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:
Calm down. When people who have no idea what they're doing ask me for help, I tell them to update through Nintendo FIRST because it is the safest way for them to hack thier Wii, believe it or not. Then they can follow one of several guides that walk you through the whole soft modding proccess and, when they are done, use DoP-IOS MOD version 8 or above to install system menu 4.1 if they really must play out of region games from the disc channel.

But region free is the ONLY thing that really gets broken with 4.2 , it's easy to install 4.1 on top of it (but if you're a fan of priiloader you'd need to reinstall that again, with the proper hacks.ini) so why do you insist on bashing people who want to upgrade?

Me personaly... I need region free so I'm using 4.1. But I was using 4.2 for a while.

LOL... He clda have bricked / killed his other hacks he already has if he did just what you told him to do? It's not really a good idea to update all the way to 4.2 especially thur Nintendo! RF gets broken? JUST THAT??? How you know he don't want that broke or whatever? Also what if he had sysmenu hacks or whatever? That'd just really hose his setup as well.

I don't go up to 4.x at all I stick w/ 3.2 + Starfall + Bootmii FTW!
That's a unbrickable setup! I tell my friends don't UPDATE thur NINTENDO EVER.... To keep their stuff safe & workin solid... it's not like theyre gonna miss the so awesome features of the latest updates... meh./

seb77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
I don't go up to 4.x at all I stick w/ 3.2 + Starfall + Bootmii FTW!
That's a unbrickable setup!

+1

Since I have TriiForce and nand sd/usb emulation I don't need the ninty sd menu anymore... so... why updating ?

Nelson9937955

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's so bad about 4.2? I followed the simplistic guide here and it was so easy, a cave man could do it. I see alot of people saying don't upgrade to 4.2 at all costs but I dont see what all the fuss is all about.

And what exactly is "region free"? I play PAL games on my NTSC Wii and I am at 4.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P +1