BootMii hangs

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by highsteve, Mar 16, 2012.

Mar 16, 2012

BootMii hangs by highsteve at 12:33 AM (1,044 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. highsteve
    OP

Newcomer highsteve Advanced Member

Canada
    Hello,

I am trying to make a NAND backup so I can keep a backup of it for future usage such as *neek stuff.

This is the first time I try to make another nand backup since I first softmodded the Wii a year ago.

Problem is that BootMii hangs during the NAND backup. It just stops backing it up. Before it hangs it detects broken blocks so I guess it is related to that, but as far as I remember it should still continue.

Hope you guys can help.

Thanks

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    have you checked if there's free space or if you have your SD card write switch (if applicable) set to unlocked? what version of bootmii you have installed? Have you tried multiple sd cards?

3. highsteve
    OP

Canada
    It's not locked, has 1gb free space, and no didn't try with anything else. It's the same SD card I used for the original NAND backup. It seems to work correctly since I can drag&drop files onto it using my PC.

But as I said it seems suspicious that it hangs right when it finds broken blocks on the NAND.

EDIT: I don't know which version of bootmii I have, but I downloaded it off your ModMii 2 hours ago.

4. highsteve
    OP

Canada
    Ok from the LOG in the SD card it said that I had BootMii 1.3 so I ran HackMii installer again to get the latest 1.4. Now it seems to work, it went past the hanging area.

Thanks for your help XFlak

1 person likes this.