Bootmii Configuration Editor v2.4 Released!

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by pembo, Aug 9, 2009.

Aug 9, 2009
  1. pembo
    OP

Member pembo GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    BootMii Configuration Editor v2.4 Has Now been released.

Direct Download from
    here

Homepage here:
    http://www.pembo.co.uk

Changes in this version:
    • Automatic download/updating of application when a new version is released
    • Additional option in the settings menu (accessed via the ‘home’ button). This option allows to enable/disable the automatic update/version checking and is particularly useful if you run this on a wii without an internet connection
    • Settings File paths are now resolved from the argv/argc parameters when supplied from the loader (N.B. the homebrew channel does provide these).
      If not supplied then a default location of ‘SD:/apps/Bootmii_cfg_ed‘ is assumed

[​IMG]
    Screen shot shows v2.1 - Visually, the application hasn't changed in v2.4

2. Arm the Homeless

Member Arm the Homeless Custom Title

United States
    It's a application that edits four lines of plain text.

Why does it need more features?

3. pembo
    OP

Member pembo GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I'm not sure how many times I'm going to have say this and I don't really have to explain why I choose to do it, but:

I've been using this program for a few purposes.[*]A refresher into C programming - it's been a long time (about 9 years) since I did any until now[*]Learning to program the wii[*]Build up a library of reusable code for my next applicationThe only real new feature in the release is auto updating - and this is a much needed feature. Supposing there was a new version of BootMii out tomorrow with new options.
    Now suppose I manage to update the editor the same day.

All the people who use it would then need to download the new version. 3/4 of the people who have downloaded The editor have done so through the Homebrew Browser, and there is usually anything from 1 day to a week before teknecal can update the app list. However, all these people using v2.4+ will be able to update straight from the editor, no having to wait for it to be updated in HBB, no having to take out the SD card, put it into the PC and download/unzip/etc.

So yes, it might be an application that ultimately edits four lines of text, but it's far from simple as its building the foundations for my programs to follow. I've also been working on the following:

which is something close to my heart, after that who knows.... I'm open to suggestions [​IMG]

I'm also very shortly going to 'open source' all the useful libraries, e.g. the updating code, which is standalone, and the console drawing/skin code, which is also stand alone....

4. wiiman123

Member wiiman123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand