Bootmii can only be isntalled as an iOS

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by dard siss, May 19, 2014.

1. dard siss
    OP

dard siss Newbie

Newcomer
    May 19, 2014
    United States
    Hey guys im just about to install bootmii but it can only be installed as an Ios but it is not recommended because it doesnt give your Wii a Brickproof protection. What should i do?

2. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    If it can only be installed as an IOS, it means it can only be installed as an IOS and not in boot2, it also gives brick protection, however bootmii on boot2 gives even more protection but since your Wii is not capable for it, you can only install as an IOS, which is still good however, I say install it but prepare the SD card first, then install Priiloader afterwards.

3. dard siss
    OP

dard siss Newbie

Newcomer
    May 19, 2014
    United States
    Can I make a back up for it? So if it gets bricked I can undo the changes?

4. szczuru

szczuru Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2014
    Poland
    Poland

Yes, and make sure to make a NAND dump using BootMii.

5. dard siss
    OP

dard siss Newbie

Newcomer
    May 19, 2014
    United States
    What are the causes of getting bricked? What should I do to prevent it? I really have no Idea how it works

6. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    Messing with your IOS such as installing bad wads or deleting some that you should not . Also installing a system menu that is not your system menu version such as installing a theme menu thats made for 4.1u but you install it on a 4.3u menu.

7. dard siss
    OP

dard siss Newbie

Newcomer
    May 19, 2014
    United States
    Here's what ive done, I installed homebrew Channel. So if i installed Bootmii as an Ios then installed preloader I am good to go? Backups work already?

8. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Install bootmii then make a NAND Backup, after that just install Priiloader and you're good to go
    I installed a theme for 4.1 on 4.3 just to see what would work and the only thing it did was freeze at Wii Settings which was an easy fix.

9. wiimirez

wiimirez Newbie

Newcomer
    May 22, 2014
    United States
    I have installed Homebrew Channel and BootMii, now when I go to the Homebrew Channel I do not see any options, I have rebooted several times and nothing. Just the bubbles going up. What should I do?

10. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    You need to actually get some homebrew. The Homebrew Channel just launches other homebrew. You need to put things on your SD card/USB hard drive in the /apps/ folder. A good starting place is probably the Homebrew Browser, a homebrew which catalogues other homebrew for you to download.

11. szczuru

szczuru Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2014
    Poland
    Poland

You can launch Bootmin/Priiloader by pressing home button in Homebrew Channel.

12. Skanob

Skanob Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2009
    You guys, just use XFlak's ModMii and follow intructions.